What is an advertising-supported software
Pop-ups and reroutes such as Like Of The Year adware are generally occurring because of some ad-supported software. Hurried free program installations are frequently the cause of the adware set up. Because of advertising-supported application’s quiet entry, users who aren’t familiar with an adware may be confused about what is occurring. Adware’s main aim is not to directly endanger your system, it merely aims to expose you to as many advertisements as possible. It may, however, expose you to harmful web pages and you could end up installing malevolent software onto your computer. You are really encouraged to remove Like Of The Year adware before it might do more harm.
How does an adware work
Since users wouldn’t voluntarily install it, ad-supported programs use free programs to invade your computer. In case you were not aware, most of freeware has unwanted offers adjoined to it. Ad-supported applications, redirect viruses and other potentially unwanted applications (PUPs) are among those added. Users who pick Default settings to set up something will be permitting all additional items to install. We encourage using Advanced (Custom) instead. You will be able to check for and uncheck all attached items in those settings. You can never know what could come with free programs so always choose those settings.
When the adware installs onto your device, it will start showing adverts. It will have an affect on all of the popular browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. You will only be able to exterminate the adverts if you uninstall Like Of The Year adware, so you need to proceed with that as quickly as possible. It wouldn’t be shocking to come across a lot of ads because that is how ad-supported software make revenue.Advertising-supported programs sometimes offer doubtful downloads, and you should never agree to them.You ought to stick to official portals for application downloads, and avoid acquiring anything from pop-ups and random web pages. If you select to get something from unreliable sources like pop-ups, you can end up obtaining malware instead, so bear that in mind. Adware may also be the reason behind your machine slowdown and browser crashes. Adware installed on your computer will only jeopardize it, so erase Like Of The Year adware.
Like Of The Year adware uninstallation
You can erase Like Of The Year adware in a couple of ways, depending on your experience when it comes to systems. If you have or are willing to get anti-spyware software, we advise automatic Like Of The Year adware termination. It is also possible to delete Like Of The Year adware by hand but it might be more difficult ads you’d have to do everything yourself, which might take time as locating the ad-supported software can be difficult.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Like Of The Year adwareUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Like Of The Year adware. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Like Of The Year adware and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Like Of The Year adware and related programs.
Remove Like Of The Year adware from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Like Of The Year adware from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Like Of The Year adware from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Like Of The Year adware from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Like Of The Year adware or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Like Of The Year adware from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Like Of The Year adware from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Like Of The Year adware from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Like Of The Year adware from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Like Of The Year adware and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.