What is MainOperation Adware
MainOperation Adware intends to expose you to as many advertisements as possible since that is the prime goal of adware. Adware is not particularly severe compared to what else is lurking on the web. Adware is highly aggravating but ultimately, it shouldn’t cause harm to your PC. Adware signs mostly include an obvious increase in strange pop-ups and adverts, as well as redirects to suspicious sites. The adware itself may not cause harm to your device but its displayed ads can expose your computer to damaging content. Tech-support scams, fake giveaways, and malicious software might be promoted by ads displayed by adware.
Usually, adware uses software bundling to infect devices. Such infections commonly come attached to free software as extra offers, which are allowed to install alongside the free program. Despite the fact that the offers are optional, many users end up installing them by accident, simply because they don’t deselect them. It isn’t hard to prevent the nonessential installations, as long as you are familiar with how to do it, and we will explain in the proceeding paragraph.
MainOperation Adware spread methods
Adware is installed through the bundling method because there are little reasons for users to install it intentionally. Popular free programs mostly have an extra offer, such as adware, added to them, and it’s permitted to install alongside when users are installing said free programs. Everything added is preselected to install alongside by default and hidden from users, despite the offers being not obligatory, which makes this quite a controversial method of installation. In the majority of cases, users don’t notice those offers, which is basically giving them the authorization to install.
In the future, during freeware installation, make sure you follow the process closely. When given the option to pick either Advanced (Custom) or Default, pick Advanced. Once Advanced options make the offers visible, all you need to do is unmark the boxes.
Is MainOperation Adware damaging
By itself, adware is not exceptionally dangerous, but while it doesn’t directly damage the computer like severe malware would, it is not entirely harmless either. Main browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox could get infected by this adware and start displaying more adverts than normal. We strongly recommend you avoid engaging with advertisements while adware is installed, as they might be harmful. Some of them you have to be especially careful of. The advertisements that may cause severe problems are tech-support scams trying to deceive users into calling weird numbers, adverts prompting users to install dubious programs and bogus updates, and bogus giveaway advertisements. These ads could lead to financial loss, malware infection, or your private and financial information could be stolen.
Avast, Kaspersky, Symantec, Malwarebytes, AVG and other virus removal software identify the infection as MainOperation Adware. If there’s anti-virus software installed on your device, erase MainOperation Adware using it.
MainOperation Adware Removal
If you have no idea how programs are uninstalled, it might be best to use anti-virus software for MainOperation Adware elimination. You could attempt manual MainOperation Adware removal but adware may restore if any leftover files remain.
Download Removal Toolto scan for MainOperation AdwareUse our recommended removal tool to scan for MainOperation Adware. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like MainOperation Adware and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall MainOperation Adware and related programs.
Remove MainOperation Adware from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall MainOperation Adware from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete MainOperation Adware from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove MainOperation Adware from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for MainOperation Adware or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete MainOperation Adware from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase MainOperation Adware from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove MainOperation Adware from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall MainOperation Adware from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable MainOperation Adware and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.