What is Mintnav
Mintnav (Mintnav.com) is a highly questionable website that many Xiaomi device users suddenly find loading as the homepage in their Google Chrome browsers. There has recently been an increase in users’ posts on various forums about why Mintnav is suddenly loading as the default homepage on Xiaomi devices.
Multiple posts by users on the Xiaomi subreddit on Reddit.com claim that the site started loading as the homepage out of the blue. Users have no recollection of encountering the site before, let alone setting it as the homepage. Users also claim to not have visited any questionable/malicious sites that could have triggered some kind of virus to download. So either users’ devices have been taken over by browser hijackers without them realizing it, or Xiaomi made the changes for the users without their permission. Since it appears that the site belongs to Xiaomi, it’s likely the latter. Considering that users rarely like changes made to their devices without their explicit permission, this would be a questionable move on Xiaomi’s part.
Overall, even if it appears to be a legitimate website that belongs to Xiaomi, we suggest you delete Mintnav as the homepage sooner rather than later. It’s fairly simple to do and can be done in seconds. If you don’t know how to change your homepage, use the instructions provided below.
How to remove Mintnav
It should be fairly simple to remove Mintnav from your Xiaomi device. Open your Google Chrome browser, click on the three dots to open the menu, click Settings, and scroll down to Homepage and click on it. You will see Mintnav set as the site to open when you launch your Chrome browser. To change this, either disable the Homepage altogether or click on Chrome’s homepage. It’s unlikely that an actual infection is on your device, though it’s unclear why your default homepage was changed in the first place. It’s likely that the site does belong to Xiaomi, in which case it should not be dangerous, just very intrusive and annoying to deal with.
Download Removal Toolto scan for MintnavUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Mintnav. Trial version of provides detection of computer threats like Mintnav and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...Download|more
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...Download|more
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...Download|more
Step 1. Uninstall Mintnav and related programs.
Remove Mintnav from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Mintnav from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Mintnav from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Mintnav from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Mintnav or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Mintnav from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Mintnav from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Mintnav from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Mintnav from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Mintnav and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.
hello, is it from specifics ads ? There is to me some ‘themes’