PDFSearchSafe intends to show you as many adverts as possible as it is an adware infection. Adware is not a severe infection you could get. While adware should not be damaging to your computer, it’s a highly aggravating infection. Adware symptoms generally include an obvious increase in questionable pop-ups and ads, as well as sudden redirects to weird pages. Adware as a program isn’t exactly damaging but the problem with such infections is the adverts. The advertisements you are shown aren’t checked meaning all types of content, including tech-support scams, malicious software and fake giveaways could be promoted.
Software bundling is commonly how adware is installed on a device. Free software commonly has extra offers adjoined to it, which usually is adware, and they can install without requesting extra authorization. The extra offers while not obligatory, are generally accidentally installed by unaware users. Read the following paragraph of the report to find out how you can prevent these nonessential installations.
How does adware spread
Software bundling is often used by adware to install on users’ systems because no one would install it otherwise. Basically, adware mostly comes adjoined to free software as an additional offer, and during the installation process, users install the adware as well unknowingly. The dubious thing about software bundling is that the attached offers are set to install by default and hidden from users. Many users miss those offers during free software installation because they aren’t paying enough attention.
In the future, during free software installation, make sure you follow the process attentively. At some point during the installation process, you will be asked to select settings, ensure you opt for Advanced. When Advanced options make the offers visible, all you need to do is unmark the boxes.
Is adware damaging
The infection doesn’t directly damage the PC so it is not particularly damaging, but it is not entirely harmless. Main browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox can be affected by this adware and start showing questionable advertisements. While adware is present on the device, we strongly suggest you avoid clicking on any advertisements as they could be unsafe. Some of them could be especially dangerous. Tech-support scams, adverts attempting to fool you into installing a bogus update, and pop-ups claiming you’ve been chosen to take part in a giveaway are what you should lookout for the most. Tech-support scams intend to get your money, installing fake updates usually leads to malware infections, and false giveaways want your personal data.
Avast, Kaspersky, Symantec, Malwarebytes, AVG and other virus removal software detect the adware as PDFSearchSafe. Using anti-virus software to remove PDFSearchSafe would be best.
We strongly suggest using anti-spyware software for PDFSearchSafe removal, especially if you do not have much experience with computers. Trying to manually erase PDFSearchSafe may be possible but you might not notice leftover files.
Download Removal Toolto scan for PDFSearchSafeUse our recommended removal tool to scan for PDFSearchSafe. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like PDFSearchSafe and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall PDFSearchSafe and related programs.
Remove PDFSearchSafe from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall PDFSearchSafe from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete PDFSearchSafe from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove PDFSearchSafe from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for PDFSearchSafe or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete PDFSearchSafe from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase PDFSearchSafe from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove PDFSearchSafe from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall PDFSearchSafe from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable PDFSearchSafe and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.