What is ProStreamsSearch virus
ProStreamsSearch virus refers to a browser hijackers that promotes a highly questionable prostreamssearch.com search engine. It’s a relatively harmless computer infection that doesn’t really do serious damage. The hijacker will change browser’s settings, set portal.prostreamssearch.com as the homepage and try to redirect you to sponsored websites by altering your search results. Hijackers are very obvious infections because they change browser’s settings, and users are bound to notice the changes when they open their browsers.
The hijacker itself is pretty harmless, and more annoying than actually damaging. However, it does alter search results and try to redirect you to sponsored sites, which can be dangerous because some of those sites could be malicious. Thus, you should avoid interacting with the sponsored results, since they’re unlikely to be related to what you were looking for, and they could be dangerous. Thus, it’s highly recommended to delete ProStreamsSearch virus as soon as possible.
If you have a browser hijacker installed, you are likely unfamiliar with how they install. Less serious infections like browser hijackers, adware and potentially unwanted programs use software bundling to install. Software bundling is essentially adding additional offers to freeware, in a way that allows them to install alongside without requiring permission from users.
Browser hijackers can install via software bundling
Software bundling is usually how infections like browser hijackers, adware, and potentially unwanted programs install. They essentially come attached to free software as additional offers, and they’re set to install alongside automatically without requiring additional permission. This is a very controversial method because it’s quite sneaky and allows programs to install essentially without permission. Programs that use it are usually classified as potentially unwanted because of this.
The offers are optional but they are hidden from users to prevent them from deselecting them. Users need to pay attention to how they install free software if they want to prevent unwanted installation. Instead of installing programs in Default settings, opt for Advanced (Custom). Those settings will make all offers visible, and you will be able to deselect all of them. Simply uncheck the boxes of those offers, and you can then continue installing the program.
Deselecting a few boxes takes seconds, compared to having to uninstall pesky programs. And all programs you download from those free download sites will have added offers, so if you don’t pay attention to how you install programs, you’ll end up with loads of junk on your computer.
Is ProStreamsSearch virus dangerous?
ProStreamsSearch virus is a browser hijacker, so even though users refer to it as a virus, the classification is not technically correct. It’s not particularly harmful, nor does it aim to damage your computer. What it does, however, is change browser’s settings. The hijacker will set prostreamssearch.com as your homepage and default search engine. So whenever you open your Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome browser, you will be redirected to prostreamssearch.com. You will be unable to undo these changes while the hijacker is installed because it will just keep changing everything.
Because the hijacker will change your default search engine, all your searches will go through a highly dubious search engine. Hijackers aim to redirect to sponsored websites, and they do that by inserting sponsored content into search results. It’s highly discouraged to interact with the sponsored results because they could lead to potentially dangerous websites. There is also no need to interact with those search results because they will be unrelated to what you were searching for.
Browser hijackers also track what users are browsing. They collect information, such as visited websites, search queries, IP addresses, etc. The information would likely be shared with unfamiliar third-parties.
ProStreamsSearch virus removal
The easiest way to remove ProStreamsSearch virus would be to use anti-virus. The program would do everything for you, thus it’s the recommended method for users who have little experience with uninstalling programs. However, you can also uninstall ProStreamsSearch virus manually. Instructions to help you will be provided below this report. Once the hijacker is no longer present, you can change your browser’s settings as you want.
Download Removal Toolto scan for ProStreamsSearch virusUse our recommended removal tool to scan for ProStreamsSearch virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like ProStreamsSearch virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall ProStreamsSearch virus and related programs.
Remove ProStreamsSearch virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall ProStreamsSearch virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete ProStreamsSearch virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove ProStreamsSearch virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for ProStreamsSearch virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete ProStreamsSearch virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase ProStreamsSearch virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove ProStreamsSearch virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall ProStreamsSearch virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable ProStreamsSearch virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.