About this infection
Qwant.com is a questionable website that may be set as your homepage by a browser hijacker. What a hijackers does is, it sets its promoted site as the homepage and new tabs of your browser. It happens without your explicit permission, as does its installation. If you notice that your browser has been hijacked, you need to be more careful about how you install programs.
The hijacker was attached to freeware as an extra offer, and if you did not deselect it, it was allowed to install alongside the freeware. While hijackers primarily aim to redirect users to sponsored content, this one will merely lead you to Google. It could also be following your Internet activity in the background, so we suggest you delete qwant.com as soon as possible.
Avoiding hijacker infections
Browser hijackers are added to freeware as extra offers that you need to deselect. Most users do not notice those items because they install programs in Default settings, which do not show any of those offers. Instead, you need to choose Advanced or Custom settings. All added items will become visible, and you will be allowed to deselect them. We recommend deselecting everything, especially if there were no indications of any of the items in Default settings. If such a sneaky method is used, the item does not belong on your system. And you’ll eventually want to erase it. Do bear in mind that it takes much less time to deselect a few boxes than it would to remove qwant.com.
Why uninstall qwant.com?
If you have anti-spyware software, use it to uninstall qwant.com. This would be the easiest option because the program would do everything for you. Manual qwant.com removal means you will have to find all related programs yourself, which could take a while, but you can a find a guide below this article to help you.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Qwant.com SearchUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Qwant.com Search. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Qwant.com Search and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Qwant.com Search and related programs.
Remove Qwant.com Search from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Qwant.com Search from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Qwant.com Search from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Qwant.com Search from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Qwant.com Search or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Qwant.com Search from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Qwant.com Search from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Qwant.com Search from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Qwant.com Search from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Qwant.com Search and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.