What is the Rocket Speed Booster browser hijacker?
Rocket Speed Booster browser hijacker refers to an extension that is advertised as a useful tool but is actually a browser hijacker infection. The extension is advertised as a tool that will supposedly speed up site loading. However, instead of actually doing anything useful, the hijacker will make unwanted changes to your browser’s settings and spam you with advertisements. While it’s not a particularly dangerous infection, it certainly is annoying.
If your browser is now constantly spammed with random ads or you’re redirected to sites that display fake software updates and tech support scams, you need to remove Rocket Speed Booster browser hijacker sooner rather than later. We don’t recommend interacting with any of the ads because you may be exposed to dangerous content. The ads may trick you into installing questionable or outright malicious software.
The infection may also expose you to tech-support scams that claim there is something wrong with your computer. These scams aim to trick users into calling fake technical support numbers, and scammers on the other end of the line pretend to be legitimate technicians from companies like Microsoft or Apple. The scammers try to convince users to allow them remote access to computers so they can supposedly repair them. However, all they end up doing is stealing files and installing questionable software. At the end of the session, the scammers demand hundreds of dollars for their services. But since there was nothing wrong with the computer in the first place, the payment would be for nothing.
If you find this browser hijacker installed on your computer, we recommend using an anti-virus program to get rid of it as soon as possible. Even if it will not directly harm your computer, it may expose you to dangerous ads and other content. It will also track your browsing and collect certain information, including sites you visit, what you search for, what content you interact with, your IP address, etc. This information is often shared with unknown third parties.
Considering that you get nothing from its presence, the sooner you remove Rocket Speed Booster browser hijacker from your computer, the better.
Browser hijacker installation methods
Infections like adware, browser hijackers, and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) usually spread via the software bundling method. It’s a rather intrusive installation method that essentially allows programs, such as the above-mentioned ones, to install without users even knowing about it. In your case, you installed a free program that had this browser hijacker installed, and it was permitted to install alongside automatically without requiring your permission. However, the offers that come added to free software are optional, so if you want, you can stop them from installing.
To prevent unwanted installations, you need to pay attention when installing free programs. In particular, you need to opt for Advanced (Custom) settings instead of Default when given the options. The installation window will say that you should use Default settings but if you follow this advice, all added offers will be allowed to install without you even knowing about it. However, Advanced settings will make all offers visible and give you the option to deselect all of them. If the program you are installing has added offers, all you need to do is uncheck their boxes. Once you have deselected the offers, you can continue installing the freeware.
Keep in mind that the majority of free programs you download from unofficial websites will come with these extra offers. Unless you want to fill your computer with junk programs that may be difficult to get rid of once installed, prevent their installation from the very beginning.
Rocket Speed Booster browser hijacker removal
Browser hijackers are not complex malware infections so you can remove Rocket Speed Booster browser hijacker both manually and using anti-virus software. If you have very little experience when it comes to uninstalling programs, it would be much easier to use anti-virus software because the program would take care of everything. However, you can delete Rocket Speed Booster browser hijacker manually as well, and instructions will be provided at the very end of the report.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Rocket Speed BoosterUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Rocket Speed Booster. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Rocket Speed Booster and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Rocket Speed Booster and related programs.
Remove Rocket Speed Booster from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Rocket Speed Booster from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Rocket Speed Booster from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Rocket Speed Booster from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Rocket Speed Booster or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Rocket Speed Booster from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Rocket Speed Booster from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Rocket Speed Booster from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Rocket Speed Booster from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Rocket Speed Booster and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.