search.convertpdfpro.com is a browser hijacker targeting Macs
search.convertpdfpro.com is a redirect virus that primarily targets Macs, also called a browser hijacker. They are not severe infections that would directly harm your device. Since the hijacker’s main goal is to redirect users and generate traffic/profit, it isn’t a harmless infection either. The hijacker’s presence becomes rather noticeable as soon as inside the system, even if you did not catch it installing. Your browser will start behaving strangely, like random redirects, search results with sponsored content, etc. Since not everyone is aware of redirect viruses, they will not automatically associate them with the weird behaviour. Employing a search engine to research the symptoms or the redirect web page usually helps make everything clear.
Your browser’s settings will be modified without permission as well, in addition to the random redirects. Your browser’s homepage and new tabs will be altered, and it may be complicated to undo these changes. Making alterations to your browser’s settings permits hijackers to redirect you.
Since redirect viruses are not malware they can’t install without your consent, whether you give it knowingly or not. In most cases, users permit the hijacker to install themselves, though it happens without users realizing it. The hijackers, among other infections like adware and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), employ software bundling to install, which basically is adding them to freeware as extra offers permitting them to install alongside. We will explain how you can avoid installing the undesirable programs in the next section of the report, so do continue reading.
It is one of the less severe things your device may get infected with, but the sooner you perform search.convertpdfpro.com elimination, the better. The hijacker will interrupt your normal browsing but it might also expose you to damaging content including malware and scams.
Ways a hijacker installs
Browser hijackers install along with freeware, as we have mentioned before. Attaching hijackers or similar threats to freeware is called program bundling. The questionable thing about this method is that the extra items are set to install with the freeware but are covered from users. Take into consideration that as long as you’re observant when installing software, you ought to be able to stop the installation of these items pretty easily.
During free software installation, it is highly important to pick Advanced (Custom) settings. The added offers will be hidden if you choose Default settings. Advanced will give you the option of deselecting everything, in addition to unhiding all items. Unchecking the items will be sufficient to prevent the not wanted installations. Selecting Advanced settings and unchecking the items takes minimal time, while it would take a much longer time to eliminate browser hijackers. You’ll be avoiding loads of rubbish if you pay attention to program installation.
What does the hijacker do
Not long after installation, browser hijackers begin to redirect you to weird pages whether you are using Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, which helps instantly identify an infection. As soon as your browser is launched, you you’ll be instantly redirected to the website the hijacker is promoting because it has been set as your homepage. An additional change made to your browser is your search engine. The hijacker will expose you to changed search results by redirecting you to its sponsored web page every time you use your browser address bar to search. Sponsored content will be embedded into results so they’ll be unrelated to what you were searching for. For generating traffic and income purposes, users are redirected to those sponsored sites by hijackers. The redirects will not only be highly aggravating but they might also put your device in danger. Avoid interacting with ad or sponsored content while the hijacker remains installed. Hijackers don’t check the safety of the web pages they lead users to so you may easily be led to harmful ones. The sites you get led to might attempt to deceive you into installing malware or promote some kind of scam. Despite the fact that hijackers don’t do direct harm to your device, they should not be permitted to remain installed.
The hijacker will also gather data about you, like what you search for, what content you engage with, the web pages you visit or frequent, your IP address, etc, it is essentially spying on you. It’s doubtful that you want the hijacker to gather that data, let alone share it with unfamiliar third-parties.
In short, the hijacker is very troublesome because it installs unauthorized, it makes unnecessary browser modifications, redirects to strange websites and exposes you to content that’s potentially damaging. The quicker you uninstall search.convertpdfpro.com, the better.
Ways to remove search.convertpdfpro.com from your Mac
If you want the simplest way to delete search.convertpdfpro.com, use spyware removal programs. The program would take care of everything and ensure the threat is no longer present. You may attempt manual search.convertpdfpro.com elimination, and as long as you understand how to do it that shouldn’t cause issues. If search.convertpdfpro.com deletion is successful, you may modify your browser’s settings back to what they were.
Download Removal Toolto scan for search.convertpdfpro.comUse our recommended removal tool to scan for search.convertpdfpro.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like search.convertpdfpro.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall search.convertpdfpro.com and related programs.
Remove search.convertpdfpro.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall search.convertpdfpro.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete search.convertpdfpro.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove search.convertpdfpro.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for search.convertpdfpro.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete search.convertpdfpro.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase search.convertpdfpro.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove search.convertpdfpro.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall search.convertpdfpro.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable search.convertpdfpro.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.