What is Search.mydownloadmanager.com?
Frequent redirections to Search.mydownloadmanager.com do not promise anything good. If you have no idea why you experience those redirections, we suspect that the browser extension named My Download Manager has been installed on your computer. It is nothing surprising that you do not know anything about its entrance because such suspicious extension are often distributed bundled and manage to enter computers without permission. If you have located this extension installed on your computer, you should delete it right away – it is the only way to remove Search.mydownloadmanager.com from your browser. Extensions are not difficult to remove – they can be erased via the add-ons manager, but we still recommend that you read this report before you go to implement the Search.mydownloadmanager.com removal.
What does Search.mydownloadmanager.com do?
You will get redirected to Search.mydownloadmanager.com when you open your browser. This page shows up when users launch their browsers because the extension behind it changes their settings once installed. Search.mydownloadmanager.com might look like an ordinary search provider at first, but if you want to be sure that you perform web searches safely, you should ditch this search tool and opt for a legitimate search provider like Google. “What is wrong with Search.mydownloadmanager.com?,” you may ask. We suggest that you uninstall Search.mydownloadmanager.com because it might present you with untrustworthy search results that might even redirect you to malicious websites. Second, a reliable search tool will never change your default settings on the web browser you use. Third, Search.mydownloadmanager.com might record various details about you and then sell them to cyber criminals. This is what all suspicious search tools do, so never use search providers that show up on your web browser out of nowhere. As mentioned, if your settings have already been changed by Search.mydownloadmanager.com, you can get rid of it by deleting the browser extension it promotes.
Where does Search.mydownloadmanager.com come from?
Search.mydownloadmanager.com is distributed by the extension called My Download Manager. Even though it is possible to download it from the web, we are sure there are more people who do not know why they see a new search tool when they open their browsers, which suggests that people might find the extension promoting that search engine installed on their PCs without their knowledge. Software hijacking browsers is often distributed bundled, i.e. together with various free programs. If you can remember downloading new software from the web recently, it is not a surprise that your browsers’ settings have been changed.
How do I remove Search.mydownloadmanager.com?
You will see Search.mydownloadmanager.com set on your browsers as long as you keep the extension My Download Manager installed on your computer. What we try to say here is that you need to remove the extension to implement the Search.mydownloadmanager.com removal. It is not difficult to get rid of it, but you can instead delete Search.mydownloadmanager.com automatically if you want to. You just need to acquire an automated malware remover to remove Search.mydownloadmanager.com with. The anti-malware scanner you are going to use to delete Search.mydownloadmanager.com cannot be a random scanner you have found on a torrent website.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Search.mydownloadmanager.comUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Search.mydownloadmanager.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.mydownloadmanager.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.mydownloadmanager.com and related programs.
Remove Search.mydownloadmanager.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.mydownloadmanager.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.mydownloadmanager.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.mydownloadmanager.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.mydownloadmanager.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.mydownloadmanager.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.mydownloadmanager.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.mydownloadmanager.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.mydownloadmanager.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.mydownloadmanager.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.