What type of threat are you dealing with
SearchConverters will perform modifications to your browser which is why it is considered to be a hijacker. Free programs sometimes have some type of items attached, and when people do not uncheck them, they’re authorized to install. These unnecessary programs are why it is essential that you pay attention to how applications are installed. This is a low level infection but because of its unwanted activity, you’ll want to get rid of it right away.
Your browser’s home website and new tabs will be changed, and a different website will load instead of your usual website. Your search engine will also be changed, and it could insert sponsored links among the real results. If you press on one of those result, you’ll be led to strange websites, whose owners get income from boosted traffic. It should be noted that if a reroute to a malicious site happens, you can easily get your device infected with a malicious threat. Malware would be a much more serious threat so avoid it as much as possible. You might consider hijackers useful but the features that they provide can be found in legitimate add-ons, ones that will not reroute you to dangerous web pages. You won’t necessarily be aware this but redirect viruses are tracking your browsing and gathering information so that more customized sponsored content could be made. It wouldn’t be unusual if that information was sold to third-parties too. Therefore, remove SearchConverters , before it can affect your machine more severely.
What does it do
You might encounter browser redirects added to freeware as additional items. We doubt that users would pick to install them knowingly, so freeware bundles is the most probable method. Because people do not pay attention to program installation processes, this method authorizes redirect viruses and similar infections to spread. To stop their installation, you need to unmark them, but since they are concealed, you might not see them if you rush. Picking Default settings would be a mistake since they won’t display anything. You need to uncheck the offers, and they will only be visible in Advanced (Custom) settings. Ensure you deselect all the offers. Just unmark the boxes that appear, and you may then continue installing the free application. Having to deal with these infections can be troublesome so you would do yourself a great favor by initially preventing them. You should also start being attentive about where you get your programs from because by selecting questionable sources, you are boosting your chances of obtaining an infection.
Even if you aren’t the most computer-savvy person, you will know of a hijacker infection almost immediately. Your home web page, new tabs and search engine would be set to a strange site without you allowing it, and it’s not probable that you would miss that. Leading browsers including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will possibly be affected. And until you eliminate SearchConverters from the device, you’ll have to deal with the website loading every time your browser is launched. Trying to alter the settings back would a wild-goose chase as the redirect virus will alter them again. If your search engine is changed, every time you carry out a search via browser’s address bar or the presented search box, you’d get questionable results. You might encounter advertising content among real results, since the threat is aiming to redirect you. These kinds of infections intend to increase traffic for certain pages so that owners may earn profit from advertisements. Owners are able to earn more revenue when their websites have more traffic because more people are likely to engage with ads. They will possibly have nothing to do with what you were searching for, so you get nothing from those websites. In certain cases, they could look legitimate, so for example if you were to search ‘computer’, results leading to doubtful web pages could come up but you wouldn’t know initially. Redirect viruses do not analyze those sites for malicious software, so you might be led to a website that could launch a malware download onto your device. Browser hijackers also tend to monitor how users use the Internet, gathering certain information. Browser hijackers also give access to the information to third-parties, and it’s used advertisements purposes. The data may also be used by the reroute virus for the purposes of personalizing sponsored results so that you are more prone to pressing on it. It is highly encouraged that you erase SearchConverters , for all the above mentioned reasons. And after you carry out the process, there should not be problems with modifying browser’s settings.
While the contamination is not as serious as some others, it would still be best if you remove SearchConverters as quickly as possible. You will need to choose from manual and automatic methods for disposing of the reroute virus and, neither of which are particularly difficult to execute. Manual method means you’ll need to find and take care of the infection yourself. If you’ve never dealt with this type of infection before, below this report you will see guidelines to help you, while the process should not cause too much difficulty, it could take more time than you expect. They should provide the guidance you need to take care of the contamination, so make sure you follow them properly. It shouldn’t be the first option for those who do not have much experience with computers, however. In that case, obtain spyware elimination software, and have it get rid of the infection. The software will scan your system for the threat and once it spots it, you just need to give it authorization to eliminate the reroute virus. You were successful in getting rid of the threat if you can alter your browser’s settings without the reroute virus reversing everything. But, if the reroute virus’s website still persists to be your home web page, the browser hijacker is still running. If you actually pay attention when installing software, you should be able to avoid these types of infections in the future. Good computer habits can go a long way towards keeping your computer out of trouble.
Download Removal Toolto scan for SearchConvertersUse our recommended removal tool to scan for SearchConverters. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like SearchConverters and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall SearchConverters and related programs.
Remove SearchConverters from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall SearchConverters from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete SearchConverters from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove SearchConverters from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for SearchConverters or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete SearchConverters from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase SearchConverters from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove SearchConverters from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall SearchConverters from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable SearchConverters and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.