Searchroute (or Searchroute-1560352588.us-west-2.elb.amazonaws.com) is a browser hijacker that will make unwanted changes to your browser and try to redirect you to sponsored web pages. It’s a typical browser hijacker, it spreads the same way and does exactly the same thing as countless other hijackers. It will set your homepage to a questionable website, force you to use a different search engine, and potentially expose you to unreliable websites.
Browser hijackers aim to redirect users to sponsored websites in order to make revenue, but they’re not overly dangerous by themselves. However, these pretty minor infections can lead to dangerous sites, where dangerous malware is lurking. Thus, if you have noticed that you are redirected to Searchroute-1560352588.us-west-2.elb.amazonaws.com every time you open your browser, you need to delete Searchroute from your computer.
You likely installed the hijacker yourself, albeit without realizing. It spreads attached to free software in what’s known as software bundling. Users who do not pay attention to how they install freeware often end up missing anything being attached to them. And the added items can install without explicit permission.
Searchroute distribution methods
Software bundling is how most users end up with infections like browser hijackers, adware and potentially unwanted programs. What happens is unwanted items are attached to popular free programs as extra offers, and unless they are manually deselected, they are authorized to install. It’s also common that those items are hidden from the user. If you wish to prevent such unwanted installations, pay attention to how you install programs and always opt for Advanced (Custom) settings. Those settings will make all added items visible and you will be able to deselect them. After you uncheck everything that has been added, you can continue installing the program.
What does Searchroute do?
As soon as Searchroute installs on your computer, your browser’s settings (whether you’re using Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox) will be changed. Every time you open your browser, you will be redirected to Searchroute-1560352588.us-west-2.elb.amazonaws.com, which promotes the bing search engine. You will be unable to change back your homepage, new tabs and search engine until the hijacker has been removed from your computer.
The hijacker promotes a legitimate search engine bing but it could insert links to sponsored websites into the results. And there’s no reason why you should use bing when you did not set it as your default search engine yourself. If you are redirected to bing and see Searchroute-1560352588.us-west-2.elb.amazonaws.com in the address bar, do not press on any results. You could be redirected to dangerous websites, which could lead to a malware infection.
You can uninstall Searchroute manually or automatically. The former may take longer because you would need to find the infection yourself. If you are unsure about what to do, follow the below provided instructions. However, the easiest method would be to use anti-spyware software. The program would remove Searchroute without you having to do anything.
Download Removal Toolto scan for SearchrouteUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Searchroute. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Searchroute and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Searchroute and related programs.
Remove Searchroute from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searchroute from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searchroute from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searchroute from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searchroute or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searchroute from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searchroute from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searchroute from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searchroute from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searchroute and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.