What kind of infection are you dealing with
Securesearch.me will alter your browser’s settings which is why it is considered to be a browser hijacker. Redirect viruses usually come together with free programs, and could install without the user actually noticing. It’s crucial that you are careful during application installation because otherwise, you won’t be able to prevent these types of infections. While hijackers aren’t high-level threats but their behavior is pretty suspicious.
You’ll find that instead of the website that is set as your homepage and new tabs, your browser will now load a different page. They also modify your search engine into one that can inject sponsored links into results. Browser hijackers want to redirect users to advertisement web pages so as to generate traffic for them, which allows their owners to earn profit from adverts. It should be noted that if you get rerouted to a malicious website, you can easily get a severe infection. If you contaminated your OS with malware, the situation would be much more extreme. If you find the hijacker’s supplied features handy, you should know that they may be found in trustworthy add-ons as well, which do not put your PC in danger. Hijackers are also known to follow users as they browse, gathering information, so that they could make more personalized advertisements. Or the information might end up with third-parties. And the quicker you terminate Securesearch.me, the better.
What does Securesearch.me do
It is a known fact that redirect viruses travel along with freeware packages. It is not probable that you got it in any other way, as no one would install them knowing what they are. This method is effective because people are inattentive, don’t read the info given and are normally careless when installing applications. Pay attention to the process as offers tend to hide, and by not noticing them, you’re allowing them to install. Opt out of using Default settings as they do not permit you to uncheck anything. Instead, pick Advanced or Custom settings as they will not only allow you to see what has been added but also provide a chance to uncheck everything. You are suggested to uncheck all the offers. After all the items have been unchecked, you can continue the free software installation. Having to deal with these threats could be irritating so you would do yourself a great favor by initially stopping them. You are also encouraged to not download from unreliable sources as they’re a great method to distribute malware.
If a redirect virus is installed, we really doubt you wouldn’t see. You’ll see alterations carried out to your browsers, such as an unknown page set as your homepage/new tabs, and the redirect virus will not request your explicit authorization before carrying out those alterations. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will be included in the list of browsers affected. And until you terminate Securesearch.me from the OS, you’ll have to deal with the web page loading every time your browser is launched. And even if you attempt to modify the settings back, the browser redirect will just reverse them. If you find that when you search for something through browser’s address bar, search results are created not by your set search engine, the hijacker likely altered it. Be careful of sponsored content implanted among the results as you could be rerouted. Those reroutes are occurring because browser hijackers aim to help certain website owners earn more income by boosting their traffic. After all, increased traffic means more users on ads, meaning more money. They will probably have nothing to do with what you were searching for, so you gain little from those sites. In some cases, they could appear to be legitimate, so if you were to inquire about for something very ambiguous, like ‘anti-malware’ or ‘computer’, results with suspicious links could come up but you wouldn’t know in the beginning. You ought to to be vigilant because some sites might be damaging, which might result in a severe threat. Another thing you need to know is that hijackers are able to snoop on you in order to acquire data about what pages you are more likely to enter and your typical search inquiries. More customized advertisements might be created using the obtained information, if third-parties get access to it. The information is also possibly used by the hijacker to create content that would interest you. Ensure you erase Securesearch.me before it can lead to more serious trouble. And after you complete the process, you need to be authorized to modify back you browser’s settings.
Now that you know what it does, you can proceed to remove Securesearch.me. By hand and automatically are the two possible options for getting rid of the browser hijacker. If you choose the former, you’ll have to find the contamination yourself. It’s not complicated to do but it may take a bit of time, but instructions to aid you will be supplied. The instructions are provided in a understandable and accurate manner so you should be able to follow them step by step. This method might not be the correct choice if you have little experience when it comes to computers. The other option is to download spyware elimination software and have it take care of the infection for you. Spyware removal software is made for the intention of disposing of such threats, so it should have no trouble dealing with it. If you are able to nullify the carried out changes to your browser’s settings, you were successful in getting rid of the reroute virus. If the same page keeps loading even after altering the settings, your device is still inhabited by the hijacker. Now that you have experienced the nuisance that is a hijacker, try to block them. Make sure you develop good tech habits because it could prevent a lot of trouble.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Securesearch.meUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Securesearch.me. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Securesearch.me and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Securesearch.me and related programs.
Remove Securesearch.me from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Securesearch.me from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Securesearch.me from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Securesearch.me from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Securesearch.me or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Securesearch.me from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Securesearch.me from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Securesearch.me from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Securesearch.me from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Securesearch.me and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.