About this threat in short
Smart Search Hijacker is a reroute virus not thought to be a serious contamination. Set up generally happens by chance and a lot of users are uncertain about how it occurred. Browser hijackers are generally seen spreading via a free application packages. No direct harm will be done your PC by the browser hijacker as it is not thought to be dangerous. You will, however, be frequently redirected to advertisement websites, since that is the prime reason behind their existence. Browser intruders don’t ensure the websites are secure so you could be redirected to one that would lead to a malware threat. You will gain nothing by permitting the browser intruder to remain. You should delete Smart Search Hijacker because it does not belong on your system.
What methods do redirect viruses use to invade
Some users may not be aware of the fact that free software you are able to get from the Internet has items adjoined to it. It may have advertising-supported programs, hijackers and various unnecessary programs attached to it. You may only check for added offers in Advanced (Custom) settings so selecting those settings will help in avoiding hijacker and other unwanted offers set ups. If something has been adjoined, it will appear there, and you need uncheck everything. By picking Default mode, you give those offers the needed permission to set up automatically. If it infected your PC, abolish Smart Search Hijacker.
Why should I eliminate Smart Search Hijacker?
Do not be surprised to see your browser’s settings altered the moment it manages to invades your device. The site the hijacker is promoting will be set to load as your homepage. All leading browsers, like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, will have those modifications executed. And it could block you from modifying the settings back unless you firstly eliminate Smart Search Hijacker from your device. A search engine will be displayed on your new homepage but we do not encourage using it as advertisement results will be implanted into results, so as to redirect you. The redirect virus wants to generate as much profit as possible, which is why those redirects would happen. You will be redirected to all kinds of weird websites, which makes browser hijackers terribly aggravating deal with. It should be said that the redirects won’t only be troublesome but also somewhat damaging. The reroutes could be able to lead you to a website where some harmful software are waiting for you, and some malware could arrive in your operating system. To stop this from happening, eliminate Smart Search Hijacker from your system.
How to uninstall Smart Search Hijacker
It ought to be easiest if you obtained anti-spyware software and had it abolishSmart Search Hijacker for you. Manual Smart Search Hijacker removal means you will have to identify the hijacker yourself, which might might be more time-consuming because you will have to find the browser hijacker yourself. We will provide a guide to help you terminate Smart Search Hijacker in case you have a hard time with finding it.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Smart Search HijackerUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Smart Search Hijacker. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Smart Search Hijacker and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Smart Search Hijacker and related programs.
Remove Smart Search Hijacker from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Smart Search Hijacker from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Smart Search Hijacker from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Smart Search Hijacker from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Smart Search Hijacker or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Smart Search Hijacker from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Smart Search Hijacker from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Smart Search Hijacker from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Smart Search Hijacker from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Smart Search Hijacker and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.