About this hijacker
smartsearcher.net is a dubious hijacker that exists to generate traffic. These kinds of unneeded redirect viruses may hijack your web browser and perform not wanted modifications to it. Although intolerable changes and dubious redirects annoy countless users, redirect viruses are not malevolent system viruses. They don’t directly harm your operating system but the possibility of encountering malware increases. Browser intruders do not care to what kind of pages one may end up on, thus users could be rerouted to a corrupted web page and have malevolent program downloaded onto their computer. Users can be directed to weird websites by this dubious site, so there is no reason why users ought to not eradicate smartsearcher.net.
Why is smartsearcher.net eradication needed?
You missed added items when you were setting up freeware, thus, smartsearcher.net has infiltrated your computer. Likely undesired software, like browser hijackers or advertising-supported software adjoined to it. Those threats don’t pose danger to a user’s device, however they can be annoying. You might expect that picking Default mode when installing free programs is the ideal decision, still we must caution you that that is not the case. Added items will set up automatically if you opt for Default mode. If you don’t wish to need to eradicate smartsearcher.net and something very much alike, users must select Advanced or Custom setup mode. You must only carry on with the setup after you deselect the boxes of all added offers.
A user’s browser will be hijacked by hijackers, as the category implies. It’s useless attempting to change browsers. One may suddenly discover that smartsearcher.net was set as users’ homepage and new tabs. These kinds of adjustments are made without permitting anything, and in order to change the settings, you would first need to eliminate smartsearcher.net and only then manually fix the settings. The search portal on the site will implant adverts into the results. Redirect viruses are made with the purpose to redirect, so don’t think it will present you real results. There is a some possibility that websites will redirect one to dangerous malware, and this is why they ought to be evaded. We strongly believe that one should uninstall smartsearcher.net because all it provides you with can be discovered elsewhere.
Being knowledgeable of its location will help you to eliminate smartsearcher.net. Utilize a professional eradication tool to eradicate this specific infection if you come across complications. Thorough smartsearcher.net deletion will fix your browser issues related to this infection.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Smartsearcher.netUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Smartsearcher.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Smartsearcher.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Smartsearcher.net and related programs.
Remove Smartsearcher.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Smartsearcher.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Smartsearcher.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Smartsearcher.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Smartsearcher.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Smartsearcher.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Smartsearcher.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Smartsearcher.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Smartsearcher.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Smartsearcher.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.