What is SmartTransaction Adware
SmartTransaction Adware infection is adware that will expose you to adverts so as to make profit. Adware is a rather minor infection, compared to what else is out there. Dealing with adware is highly irritating but it should not cause your system severe damage. Adware’s main signs include more ads when browsing, random redirects to questionable sites, and pop-up adverts. Even if adware itself shouldn’t harm your system, the advertisements it generates may be a whole different story. Adware advertisements aren’t checked meaning all kinds of content, including tech-support scams, malicious software and fake giveaways could be displayed to you.
The infection commonly uses software bundling to install. Infections like adware come adjoined to freeware as additional offers, and can install alongside. Because many users are not aware of them being there, they end up installing them by accident, even if the offers are not mandatory. Read the proceeding paragraph of the article to find out how you can stop these unwanted installations.
SmartTransaction Adware distribution methods
Software bundling is often used to distribute adware because it would not be installed by anyone otherwise. Basically, adware is added to freeware as an additional offer, and when users install said freeware, they without knowing install the adware as well. While the offers are not obligatory, they are made to install by default and concealed, which makes software bundling a dubious method of installation. In the majority of cases, users miss those offers, which is what allows them to install.
In order to stop these undesirable installations in the future, pay attention to the installation processes. When installing freeware, ensure you opt for Advanced (Custom) settings instead of Default. You will have the choice of deselecting everything once the offers have all been made visible in Advanced options.
What does adware do
Adware may not seem like a serious infection compared to malicious software, but don’t underestimate it. Adware could become added to popular browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox), and then expose you to dubious ads. The advertisements that it generates are not safe to press on, so we advise you avoid them. Certain adware generated adverts may be especially harmful. Certain ads will claim that your computer has some kind of infection and that you need to call tech-support, that an update has to be downloaded, or that you have been chosen to participate in a giveaway to win a present. Interacting with such ads could lead to your sensitive information stolen, as well as malware infections.
The adware is detected as SmartTransaction Adware by anti-virus programs like Avast, Kaspersky, Symantec, Malwarebytes, and AVG. Use the anti-virus program to erase SmartTransaction Adware.
Ways to erase SmartTransaction Adware
The easiest method to eliminate SmartTransaction Adware would be use virus removal software. You can try to uninstall SmartTransaction Adware manually but adware might restore if any leftovers remain.
Download Removal Toolto scan for SmartTransaction AdwareUse our recommended removal tool to scan for SmartTransaction Adware. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like SmartTransaction Adware and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall SmartTransaction Adware and related programs.
Remove SmartTransaction Adware from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall SmartTransaction Adware from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete SmartTransaction Adware from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove SmartTransaction Adware from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for SmartTransaction Adware or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete SmartTransaction Adware from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase SmartTransaction Adware from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove SmartTransaction Adware from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall SmartTransaction Adware from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable SmartTransaction Adware and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.