What is Somefungames?
If you still believe that Somefungames is a beneficial program, you will definitely change your mind after you read this article. First of all, we want that you know that Somefungames is a typical advertising-supported application (adware), so if you are ever offered to install it, or you see advertisements promoting it, please dismiss the idea to install it on your computer. You will definitely regret installing it, we can promise you that.
Of course, not all the users install Somefungames consciously because they believe that they could play thousands of games for free directly from their web browsers. There are many users out there who do not even know why this program is installed on their computers, which clearly shows that it might enter systems illegally as well. If this is exactly what has happened to you, you should implement the Somefungames removal today. In fact, we would say that you should uninstall Somefungames if you have installed it consciously as well. Read the next paragraph to find out why we say so.
What does Somefungames do?
Somefungames is all about games. Users install it expecting that they could play thousands of online games for free with the help of this application. Unfortunately, they soon realize that it is not as beneficial and safe as it looks. Many users complain that they have started seeing different kinds of commercial advertisements on their screens soon after installing Somefungames. To be more specific, you may see pop-ups, coupons, banners, and much more. While this does not seem to be a huge problem now, all these ads will considerably diminish your web browsing experience, and you might even find additional malware installed on your computer since these ads might redirect you straight to websites promoting malware after you click on any of them. Adware programs usually collect information about users as well so that they could present them with relevant ads. We suspect that this program does that too, so we suggest that you remove Somefungames. It will not be a problem to find a similar but reliable application that will allow you to play games for free, we are sure about that.
Where does Somefungames come from?
Applications like Somefungames usually have official websites that users can download them from directly; however, they are often installed on users’ computers without their knowledge as well. One of the most popular untrustworthy software distribution methods is called bundling. It is a way to trick users into installing additional software, let’s say adware, together with regular software. Always read the provided information when you install new programs because you might have a chance to cancel the installation of untrustworthy applications yourself.
How can I delete Somefungames from my PC?
You cannot do anything but to remove Somefungames from your system completely if you cannot stand all these annoying advertisements you see on your screen every day. There are two possible ways to implement the Somefungames removal. First, you can delete Somefungames manually, or you can use a scanner, aka an anti-malware tool. The most important thing is to delete Somefungames fully, so no matter which one of the two methods you decide to adopt, please double-check that the adware program is gone.
Download Removal Toolto scan for SomefungamesUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Somefungames. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Somefungames and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Somefungames and related programs.
Remove Somefungames from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Somefungames from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Somefungames from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Somefungames from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Somefungames or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Somefungames from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Somefungames from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Somefungames from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Somefungames from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Somefungames and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.