About System Care Pro
System Care Pro is a questionable system optimization tool, categorized as a potentially unwanted program (PUP). It’s advertised as a program that will speed up your computer by cleaning your registry, deleting useless/temporary files. It also promises to keep the system safe from spyware and protect your personal data from being accessed by not trusted programs. It all sounds good in theory, but it’s important to be careful when using such programs as they can delete necessary system files.
It should also be mentioned that these kinds of programs are often scams that try to scare users into thinking that their computers have a lot of issues, and then offer to fix those issues if users purchase the full programs. Those scare tactics are one of the reasons why such programs are classified as a potentially unwanted. They aren’t actually malicious, nor are they intending to harm the computer. However, they do want your money so they try their best to make you buy the full program.
In general, system optimizers are a debatable topic among tech-savvy people. Many do not think they are necessary at all, as all they do is delete files that have little meaning in the grand scheme of things. And contrary to popular belief, such programs can’t speed up an older computer as their problems aren’t leftover files or old registry entries. Therefore, it’s always recommended to be skeptical when it comes to programs that claim to be able to noticeably speed up your device.
It’s possible that you didn’t even install the program knowingly, as these kinds of PUPs often spread via freeware bundles. If it was attached to some freeware that you installed, it didn’t need your explicit permission to install alongside. If you do not recall installing it, we suggest you delete System Care Pro.
How do PUPs install?
System Care Pro is available on various download websites, so it’s possible that you did install it yourself. If that is the case, we suggest researching programs before installing them in the future. It’s recommended to read negative reviews, and not trust programs that only have positive ones as they were likely bought.
With so many similar programs available, it’s unlikely that you did stumble upon this one yourself. It’s somewhat more likely that the program was distributed via software bundles. What that means is that it could have been attached to some free program you installed. Those attached offers are authorized to install alongside the freeware, and your explicit permission is not necessary. It’s possible to prevent these unwanted installations, you just need to pay close attention to how you install programs. Most importantly, you need to opt for Advanced (Custom) settings when installing freeware. Those settings will make all offers visible, and you will be able to deselect all of them. It’s recommended to always deselect the offers because they are unlikely to be useful to you.
Should you uninstall System Care Pro?
The program is available as a free and a paid version. The free version will scan your computer, warn you about various issues on your computer and then persistently ask you to purchase the full program. If you choose to ignore it but do not uninstall it, it will constantly pester you with notifications to buy the full version and fix the identified issues. We strongly recommend you check what the program detects as issues before you make a purchase, as system optimizers sometimes try to trick users. They may detect very minor issues as serious ones, or may make them up altogether
Furthermore, if it tries to clean the registry, we suggest you do not proceed. Messing with the registry is dangerous and can bring about a lot of unwanted trouble. Even Microsoft advises against using such programs. Worst case scenario, you would need to reinstall your operating system. And there’s really no reason why you should mess with it, because unlike what cleaning programs say, old/leftover registry entries do not noticeably affect the computer.
Overall, be very skeptical of what is detected on your computer because it may not necessarily be true. Always check the detected issues and whether they are as severe as they are made out to be. In general, look at system optimization tools with skepticism, and consider carefully whether you actually need one. If you think you do, look into free options as they may be enough to clean up your computer at least to some extent.
System Care Pro removal
You should have more luck with manually uninstalling the program than using anti-spyware software. Since it’s not a serious threat, it might not be detected by many security programs. Instead you should try to remove System Care Pro yourself. If you are unsure about where to begin or how to proceed, you are welcome to use the below provided instructions to help you.
Download Removal Toolto scan for System Care ProUse our recommended removal tool to scan for System Care Pro. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like System Care Pro and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall System Care Pro and related programs.
Remove System Care Pro from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall System Care Pro from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete System Care Pro from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove System Care Pro from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for System Care Pro or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete System Care Pro from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase System Care Pro from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove System Care Pro from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall System Care Pro from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable System Care Pro and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.