What is Tab.lightningnewtab.com?
Tab.lightningnewtab.com is a website that has been categorized as a browser hijacker because it can change browsers’ settings illegally. The majority of users find it set as a homepage and default search provider, but you might also discover it set as your New Tab page.
You will see it open every day unless you go to implement the full Tab.lightningnewtab.com removal, i.e., erase the browser hijacker from your computer fully. You should do this as soon as possible because this page is one of those websites that might bring problems to you if you let it open when your browser launches. We will explain why you should uninstall Tab.lightningnewtab.com as soon as possible in the next paragraph. Scroll down to read it.
What does Tab.lightningnewtab.com do?
Tab.lightningnewtab.com has been created to look like a trustworthy search tool, but we can assure you that it is far from a good search provider because it shows untrustworthy links to users as search results. These links usually promote pages developed by third parties, and users are taken to them immediately if they click on any of those links. We cannot promise that all the websites you land on when you click on sponsored links will be trustworthy. If you suspect that you have been taken to a bad page, leave it immediately because you might install on your computer untrustworthy software. You will not know about this until they start performing all kinds of activities on your computer. It is a serious reason to delete Tab.lightningnewtab.com from browsers as soon as possible, but it is not the only one. In our opinion, you should implement the Tab.lightningnewtab.com removal as soon as possible also because this search tool tracks you and you might reveal something personal about yourself. The last paragraph focuses on its removal, so you should simply continue reading this article.
How did the Tab.lightningnewtab.com browser hijacker enter my computer?
Your browsers’ settings have been altered because of the entrance of the Tab.lightningnewtab.com browser hijacker. You will not find an official website of this threat, which means that it has, most probably, entered your system illegally or you have installed it yourself on your computer by mistake. Either way, delete Tab.lightningnewtab.com as soon as possible from your browsers so that you could start using a trustworthy search tool.
How do I remove Tab.lightningnewtab.com?
You need to delete Tab.lightningnewtab.com from your browsers as soon as possible because this page is not a legitimate search provider, and it might cause problems to you if you continue using it to search for the information on the web. There are two ways to remove Tab.lightningnewtab.com from browsers. If it is not the first infection you go to erase manually, you can delete Tab.lightningnewtab.com in a manual way too – you should reset your browsers with altered settings to default. It is not a must to delete it manually because it can be erased from web browsers automatically as well. You just need to have a malware remover to do this.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Tab.lightningnewtab.comUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Tab.lightningnewtab.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Tab.lightningnewtab.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Tab.lightningnewtab.com and related programs.
Remove Tab.lightningnewtab.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Tab.lightningnewtab.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Tab.lightningnewtab.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Tab.lightningnewtab.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Tab.lightningnewtab.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Tab.lightningnewtab.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Tab.lightningnewtab.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Tab.lightningnewtab.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Tab.lightningnewtab.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Tab.lightningnewtab.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.