Thebrighttag infection is adware that will try to generate revenue by exposing you to ads. We should mention that adware isn’t a severe computer infection, if you compare it to malware. Adware could be very irritating but your system shouldn’t be harmed. Adware symptoms usually include an evident increase in strange pop-ups and adverts, as well as redirects to questionable pages. Adware is not exactly a harmful infection itself, but the ads it generates are a different story. Adware adverts may expose you to tech-support scams, malware, and false giveaways.
Software bundling is the usual way adware infects devices. Adware, as well as other infections, comes together with free programs as an additional offer which authorizes it to install alongside. Because many users aren’t aware of them being there, they end up accidentally allowing them to install, even if the offers aren’t obligatory. Proceed to the next paragraph in order to find out how to prevent these offers from installing.
The bundling method is used to spread adware
Infections like adware are distributed through software bundling because no one would install them otherwise. Basically, adware is often adjoined to freeware as an additional offer, and during the installation process, users unknowingly install the adware as well. This method of distribution is rather questionable, since the added offers are preselected by default and hidden from users. Many users miss those offers when installing free programs because they aren’t paying enough attention.
It isn’t hard to prevent unwanted offers from installing, as long as you’re attentive when installing free software. When asked to choose between Advanced (Custom) settings and Default, choose Advanced. Unlike Default, Advanced settings will uncover all concealed offers and authorize you to uncheck them.
What does adware do
Do not underestimate adware because while it’s not as severe compared to malicious software, it is not entirely harmless either. Main browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox could get infected by this adware and start displaying suspicious advertisements. While adware is installed, avoid pressing on any ads as they might be unsafe. Some advertisements are more dangerous than others. Most potentially damaging ads are tech-support scams asking users to call weird numbers, adverts promoting suspicious applications and fake updates, and fake giveaway adverts. These adverts can lead to financial loss, malware infection, or your private and financial data may be stolen.
Thebrighttag is the detection name for this adware used by virus removal programs like Avast, Kaspersky, Symantec, Malwarebytes, and AVG. Use the virus removal software to eliminate Thebrighttag.
Ways to uninstall Thebrighttag
If you have no idea how to uninstall programs, it may be easiest to use anti-virus software for Thebrighttag removal. You could try to eliminate Thebrighttag manually but adware may restore if any leftover files remain.
Download Removal Toolto scan for ThebrighttagUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Thebrighttag. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Thebrighttag and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Thebrighttag and related programs.
Remove Thebrighttag from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Thebrighttag from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Thebrighttag from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Thebrighttag from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Thebrighttag or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Thebrighttag from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Thebrighttag from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Thebrighttag from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Thebrighttag from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Thebrighttag and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.