Thefaceduck.com is why there’s an increase in ads being shown on your screen
Detected by anti-virus programs like Avast, Kaspersky, Malwarebytes, AVG, Symantec as Thefaceduck.com, it is an adware program whose principal aim is to display adverts on your screen. This is not a too serious infection, in comparison to other ones you can encounter. It will be highly irritating but it’s not directly dangerous to your system. Adware’s major clues include increased ads when visiting safe pages, random redirects to strange sites, and suspicious pop-ups. Bear in mind that even if adware itself isn’t exactly harmful, the adverts it shows likely are. Content like false giveaways, malware and tech-support scams may be show to you by those advertisements.
The infection commonly installs via free program bundles. Adware, in addition to other infections, generally comes added to popular freeware as an extra offer. The added offers are optional but many users don’t know about them, meaning they cannot uncheck the offers. It isn’t difficult to stop the nonessential installations, as long as you’re familiar with how to do it, and we’ll explain in the proceeding paragraph of the report.
Adware distribution methods
The bundling method is normally used to distribute adware because no one would install it otherwise. In short, adware as well as other infections are generally come added to free software as additional offers, which is why they can install alongside. This method of distribution is pretty frowned upon, since the added offers are preselected by default and concealed from users. In the majority of cases, users miss those offers, which is essentially giving them the authorization to install.
It isn’t difficult to stop the not wanted installations, as long as you pay attention when installing free programs. At some point during the installation process, you’ll be asked which settings you wish to use, ensure you select Advanced. All offers will become visible, and you will be able to uncheck all of them.
Is adware harmful
Adware isn’t harmless, but it will not damage to the extent malware would. Popular browsers including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox can be affected by this adware and begin showing questionable advertisements. Its generated adverts are not safe to click on, so avoiding them is strongly suggested. Certain ads you need to be careful about the most. Ads pressuring you into calling tech-support (tech-support scams), fake giveaways, or advertisements falsely notifying about updates are just a few examples. Interacting with such advertisements may lead to stolen sensitive and financial data, as well as your system getting infected with malicious software.
Anti-virus software such as Avast, Kaspersky, Symantec, Malwarebytes, and AVG detect the adware as Thefaceduck.com. If anti-virus is installed on your PC, have it uninstall Thefaceduck.com.
It would be simplest to delete Thefaceduck.com by using virus removal software. It ought to be noted that adware may restore itself if you manually eliminate Thefaceduck.com but some files remain.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Thefaceduck.comUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Thefaceduck.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Thefaceduck.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Thefaceduck.com and related programs.
Remove Thefaceduck.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Thefaceduck.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Thefaceduck.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Thefaceduck.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Thefaceduck.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Thefaceduck.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Thefaceduck.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Thefaceduck.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Thefaceduck.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Thefaceduck.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.