ThePDFConverterSearch adverts are popping up everywhere because you have an adware installed. You might not even recall the installation if it did it via some free software. An adware contamination is pretty obvious, so you should be able to identify it right away. The most clear symptom of an adware is the large amount of adverts bombarding your screen. You might come across very invasive advertisements, and they will show up in all kinds of forms, from banners to pop-ups. While an adware is not classified as a high risk threat, you might be redirected to malware by it. You are advised to remove ThePDFConverterSearch before it can cause more serious consequences.
What does ThePDFConverterSearch do?
You are possibly baffled about how you unknowingly set up the adware. The method that adware employs is known as the bundling method, which basically means that an adware comes attached to a program that you install. Before you rush to install a new program you just got, there are a couple of things you should keep in mind. Firstly, if an adware is added to the free program, you using Default settings will only grant it permission to set up. Second, you should opt for Advanced or Custom settings if you wish to be able to deselect all added offers. And if you already installed it, we advise you to remove ThePDFConverterSearch sooner rather than later.
Soon after the adware installation, loads of adverts will start showing up. You may not regard the growth of advertisements all that weird but if you see “Ad by ThePDFConverterSearch”, then you have to erase ThePDFConverterSearch. Most of your browsers, like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, will be affected. The infection will start generate more personalized ads after a while. For that purpose, info about you is gathered, and that is why it is familiar with what you are more likely to click on. You might consider an ad-supported program to be altogether harmless, as it mainly wants to generate income from ads, but that may not always be the case. As an adware doesn’t filter through what types of portals it will lead you to, if you were to tap on a dangerous one, malware might get into your computer. Which is why we highly recommend you terminate ThePDFConverterSearch.
Depending on how much experience you have with computers, there are a couple of methods to terminate ThePDFConverterSearch. If you believe you are capable, you may select to remove ThePDFConverterSearch manually. Scroll down to find guidelines to aid with manual ThePDFConverterSearch termination. However, if you don’t feel confident with it, obtain an anti-spyware utility and have it terminate ThePDFConverterSearch.
Step 1. Uninstall ThePDFConverterSearch and related programs.
Remove ThePDFConverterSearch from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall ThePDFConverterSearch from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete ThePDFConverterSearch from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove ThePDFConverterSearch from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for ThePDFConverterSearch or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete ThePDFConverterSearch from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase ThePDFConverterSearch from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove ThePDFConverterSearch from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall ThePDFConverterSearch from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable ThePDFConverterSearch and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Download Removal Toolto scan for ThePDFConverterSearchUse our recommended removal tool to scan for ThePDFConverterSearch. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like ThePDFConverterSearch and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.