topgreenview.com is a browser hijacker that targets Mac computers
topgreenview.com is a Mac browser hijacker, also referred to as a redirect virus. They are not serious infections that would directly harm your device. Hijackers’ main goal is to redirect users to sponsored pages and generate traffic/profit, which is why you shouldn’t regard them as harmless infections. Even if you do not notice the hijacker installing, you’ll see it once it’s inside the computer. Your browser will begin to suddenly redirect you to random sites, sponsored content will be mixed among valid search results, and your browser will exhibit other odd behaviour. Users who aren’t familiar with what browser hijacker are might not associate the bizarre behaviour with the infection. The situation generally becomes clear when users look into the page they’re being led to and other signs via a search engine.
The hijacker will not only lead you to unusual sites, but will also make modifications to your browser. Every time you launch it, you browser will show a different homepage/new tabs, which may be hard to change. It’s because they modify browser’s settings that hijackers are able to redirect you.
It ought to be mentioned that hijackers cannot install like malware as they are not malicious software. Users themselves install them, even if they do not do it intentionally. The method is referred to as software bundling, and it’s basically adding hijackers, adware, and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) to freeware as additional offers, which is why they can install alongside the freeware. If you continue reading, we will clarify how to stop these undesirable installations in the future.
It is one of the less harmful things you may infect your Mac with, but you need to still remove topgreenview.com promptly. The hijacker will interrupt your usual browsing but it might also expose you to harmful content including malware and scams.
Browser hijacker distribution methods
Browser hijackers install alongside freeware, as we have mentioned above. Program bundling is what this method is called, and it’s essentially adding additional offers like hijackers to legitimate free programs. The method is rather frowned upon as the extra items are preselected to install together with the freeware but are concealed from users. Luckily, stopping these unnecessary installations isn’t difficult, as long as you pay attention when installing freeware.
Most importantly, you have to opt for Advanced (Custom) settings during free software installation. If you use Default settings, the items will remain concealed. Advanced will permit you to deselect everything, as well as unhide all items. To block them from installing, simply uncheck the boxes. It does not take long to pick Advanced settings and unmark the boxes, while it would take much longer to eliminate browser hijackers. It’s worth saying that you’ll be able to maintain your device clear and operating smoothly if you actually take care when installing software.
What does the hijacker do
Symptoms of a browser hijacker infection will be instantly obvious as your browsers (whether you are using Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox) will be hijacked, and odd redirects will happen. It will modify your homepage and new tabs to its advertised web page and you’ll be redirected to it whenever your browser is launched. The browser will also have another search engine. The hijacker will display you changed search results by redirecting you to its sponsored site when you use your browser address bar to search. You ought to notice that the results will be unrelated with what you were searching for because sponsored content has been added among valid results. Hijackers redirect users to sponsored web pages in order to generate revenue and traffic. These redirects make hijackers not only irritating threat but also dangerous. It isn’t a great idea to interact with any sponsored or advertisement content until you get rid of the hijacker because of that. It is rather likely that you may be led to unsafe web pages because hijackers don’t check whether their sponsored sites are secure. Malware or scams might be lurking on the web pages the hijacker leads you to. Even if hijackers don’t directly damage your computer, they shouldn’t be permitted to remain installed.
The hijacker will also be tracking what web pages you visit, your searches, IP address, what content you engage with. It would not be unusual for hijackers to share that information with third-parties as well, which is unlikely to be something you want.
In short, the hijacker is quite disruptive because it installs unauthorized, it makes unnecessary browser modifications, and leads to potentially harmful web pages. topgreenview.com elimination is necessary, and the sooner you do it the better.
We’d highly suggest using spyware removal software to remove topgreenview.com because that would be easiest. If you use anti-spyware software, you can ensure the threat is deleted completely. Manual topgreenview.com removal is also possible, as long as you understand how and ensure to not leave any hijacker files behind. If you successfully uninstall topgreenview.com, you can modify your browser’s settings back to normal.
Download Removal Toolto scan for topgreenview.comUse our recommended removal tool to scan for topgreenview.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like topgreenview.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall topgreenview.com and related programs.
Remove topgreenview.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall topgreenview.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete topgreenview.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove topgreenview.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for topgreenview.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete topgreenview.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase topgreenview.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove topgreenview.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall topgreenview.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable topgreenview.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.