What is Ultimate Ad Eraser Adware
Ultimate Ad Eraser is an adware infection, advertised as an adblocker program. You can find it being promoted as an extension that will block ads when browsing but it actually does the opposite. If this extension is installed on your computer, you will constantly be spammed with ads, on any site you visit. In addition to regular ads, you will also see pop-ups, as well as get redirected to questionable websites. Technically, Ultimate Ad Eraser Adware isn’t dangerous because it does not directly harm computers. However, it’s not entirely harmless because it could expose you to potentially dangerous content, including scams and malware.
There are numerous ways this adware could have been installed on your computer, and your explicit permission was not necessarily needed to do it. You could’ve come across it while looking for adblockers, or it could have been installed via free software bundling. The software bundling installation method is quite dubious because it essentially allows programs to install without permission. This will be explained in more detail in the following section of the report.
While adware is installed on your computer, you will notice that you’re getting more ads/pop-ups than usual. You may also get randomly redirected when browsing safe sites that previously had no ads. We don’t recommend interacting with the content shown by adware because it’s more than likely to be unreliable. You may be shown fake virus alerts, prompts to download certain programs, giveaway scams, etc. There’s no reason to tolerate these ads so the sooner you remove Ultimate Ad Eraser Adware from your computer the better.
It’s worth mentioning that adware infections track users’ online activities and collect information. In particular, they collect information about what sites users visit, their search queries, their IP addresses, etc. This information is also often shared with third parties who would use it for advertisement purposes. While adware does not collect personal information, there’s no reason to allow a program you didn’t even install knowingly to collect any kind of data about you.
Adware installation methods
Adware is usually distributed using deceptive installation methods, including fake virus alerts, as well as the software bundling method. The extension is also advertised on various websites as an adblocker program. Users who do not do research prior to installing programs may end up installing Ultimate Ad Eraser. This is why you should always research programs before installing them. A simple search with Google is often enough.
It’s also possible that you have no recollection of installing it. This could happen if Ultimate Ad Eraser Adware was installed via the software bundling method. Software bundling is a method that essentially allows programs like adware to come attached to programs as extra offers. Free programs often have added offers. The offers are permitted to install alongside the programs without requiring explicit permission from users. And unless users are paying close attention when installing programs, they might not even notice the offers. However, the offers are optional so it is possible to prevent their installations as long as you correctly install programs.
When installing free programs, make sure you opt for Advanced (Custom) settings when given the option. If you choose Default settings, like the installation window recommends, all added offers will be hidden and permitted to install alongside. However, if you opt for Advanced settings, not only will the added offers be made visible, but you will also have the option of deselecting what you do not want. All you need to do is uncheck the boxes of those offers. It’s never recommended to allow these programs to install because you will only fill your computer with junk that can be quite difficult to get rid of once installed.
Ultimate Ad Eraser Adware removal
Because adware is not particularly malicious, you can remove Ultimate Ad Eraser Adware both manually and using anti-virus software. The latter is recommended for users who do not have much experience with uninstalling pesky infections. Using anti-virus is much easier but we will provide instructions for how you can uninstall Ultimate Ad Eraser Adware manually yourself.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Ultimate Ad Eraser AdwareUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Ultimate Ad Eraser Adware. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Ultimate Ad Eraser Adware and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Ultimate Ad Eraser Adware and related programs.
Remove Ultimate Ad Eraser Adware from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Ultimate Ad Eraser Adware from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Ultimate Ad Eraser Adware from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Ultimate Ad Eraser Adware from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Ultimate Ad Eraser Adware or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Ultimate Ad Eraser Adware from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Ultimate Ad Eraser Adware from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Ultimate Ad Eraser Adware from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Ultimate Ad Eraser Adware from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Ultimate Ad Eraser Adware and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.