About this infection in short
Videotop.me is categorized as a hijacker that may install without your authorization. A lot of users might be puzzled about how installation happens, as they do not realize they set it up accidentally themselves. The most common way browser hijackers are spread is via freeware bundles. A redirect virus is not a malevolent virus and ought to not do any direct damage. Nevertheless, it may be capable of bringing about reroutes to sponsored pages. Those sites won’t always not dangerous so keep in mind that if you were to get redirected to a web page that is not safe you could end up permitting a much more serious infection to arrive in your system. You will get nothing by keeping the hijacker. To return to usual browsing, you will need to abolish Videotop.me.
How did the hijacker enter my system
It could not be known to you that freeware usually has extra offers attached. It may have advertisement-supported applications, redirect viruses and various undesirable utilities added to it. People generally end up installing reroute viruses and other not wanted applications since they do not choose Advanced or Custom settings during a free program setup. Make sure you unmark everything that appears in Advanced settings. By using Default mode, you give those items the authorization they need to set up automatically. Now that you know how it entered your PC, uninstall Videotop.me.
Why should I delete Videotop.me?
You will quickly notice that it modifies your browser’s settings as soon as you install the hijacker. The hijacker’s executed alterations include setting its advertised web page as your homepage, and it will do that without your authorization. It does not really matter which browser you are using, whether it’s Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, because they will all have modified settings. Reversing the changes might not be possible unless you make sure to erase Videotop.me first. We encourage avoiding to use the search engine promoted on your new home website as it will expose you to loads of advertisement content, so as to redirect you. Hijackers aim to create as much traffic as possible for portals so that owners get profit, which is why they redirect you. You will quickly grow tired of the redirect virus since it will perform regular redirects to odd websites. They aren’t only bothersome, however, they may also pose certain harm. You might experience the ‘pleasure’ of bumping into malicious program during one of those reroutes, so do not expect the reroutes to always be harmless. We advise that you terminate Videotop.me as soon as it makes itself known since only then will you be able to bypass a more severe infection.
Using spyware termination software software to remove Videotop.me should be easiest as the application would do everything for you. If you opt for manual Videotop.me elimination, you will have to locate all connected software yourself. If you scroll down, you will find instructions we created to help you uninstall Videotop.me.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Videotop.meUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Videotop.me. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Videotop.me and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Videotop.me and related programs.
Remove Videotop.me from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Videotop.me from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Videotop.me from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Videotop.me from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Videotop.me or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Videotop.me from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Videotop.me from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Videotop.me from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Videotop.me from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Videotop.me and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.