About VLC Addon Ads
VLC Addon is a deceptive program, advertised as an add-on for the VLC media player. Despite the name and what its advertisements may claim, it’s not an extension that’s associated with VLC in any way. Although it is marketed as an addon that might enhance browsing, in reality, it will simply make it more troublesome by constantly bombarding you with ads. Although it isn’t technically malware, that doesn’t mean it should be left installed on your computer. It’s best if you uninstall VLC Addon Ads from your computer as soon as possible.
The program can be found being advertised on various third-party download sites but it can also be installed via the free software bundling method without you even knowing about it. You should be able to tell whether your computer has adware installed because you’ll notice more advertisements, as well as more invasive pop-ups and redirects to dubious websites. This can get annoying very quickly. While adware itself doesn’t directly harm the computer, it can redirect you to risky websites that conceal malware and advertise various scams. Therefore, we advise against interacting with any ads while adware is installed on your computer because doing so could lead to a serious malware infection.
Adware infections usually track users’ browsing as well. They collect certain information including what websites you visit, what you search for, your IP address, what content you interact with, etc. Additionally, this information is frequently shared with third parties for marketing purposes. There’s really no reason why you’d need to tolerate any kind of data collection considering that the adware does nothing but spam you with ads.
The sooner you remove VLC Addon ads from your computer, the quicker you can go back to regular browsing. Using anti-virus software would be the easiest way to do that because it would handle everything. You can also delete VLC Addon Ads manually, albeit it might take more time and effort.
Adware installation methods
Infections like adware, browser hijackers, and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) are frequently installed via the free software bundling method. This method essentially allows said infections to be attached to programs as extra offers. Without the explicit permission of users, these offers are authorized to install automatically alongside the program. Although the offers are technically optional, they must be manually deselected in order to prevent their installation. However, because they are usually hidden, users are unaware of them and cannot stop their installation. Fortunately, if you pay attention when installing programs, it’s fairly simple to prevent these offers from installing.
You can select either Default (Basic) or Advanced (Custom) settings when installing freeware. The installation window will recommend using Default settings, but doing so will hide any additional offers and enable their automated installation. The offers will be made visible if you choose Advanced settings. You will also have the option to deselect all of them. You only need to uncheck the boxes next to those offers. We advise against installing any offers, even if they appear useful at first. Unchecking a few boxes is considerably easier than having to later remove infections like adware. Additionally, you should stick to official websites when downloading programs.
Deceptive ads are another way of spreading the VLC Addon adware. On a number of dubious websites, you may come across it being advertised as a useful extension. It is promoted as a VLC media player add-on that will supposedly enhance your browsing experience. If you installed it yourself, we recommend you research programs before installing them in the future. Usually, a quick search on Google or another search engine is enough.
VLC Addon Ads removal
Adware isn’t a particularly complicated or malicious infection, so you can try to uninstall VLC Addon manually. Despite the fact that adware infections can be rather persistent, if you know what to do, it shouldn’t be too difficult. Using an anti-virus program would make VLC Addon Ads removal much easier. Adware is typically detected by anti-virus programs, so you can choose from many programs. The intrusive adverts and redirects will stop as soon as the adware is removed from your computer.
Download Removal Toolto scan for VLC Addon AdsUse our recommended removal tool to scan for VLC Addon Ads. Trial version of provides detection of computer threats like VLC Addon Ads and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...Download|more
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...Download|more
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...Download|more
Step 1. Uninstall VLC Addon Ads and related programs.
Remove VLC Addon Ads from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall VLC Addon Ads from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete VLC Addon Ads from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove VLC Addon Ads from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for VLC Addon Ads or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete VLC Addon Ads from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase VLC Addon Ads from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove VLC Addon Ads from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall VLC Addon Ads from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable VLC Addon Ads and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.