What is VProtect application?
VProtect application is not a harmful program for sure, so there is no need to freak out if you have detected VProtect application on your computer, or you have been presented with a notification from this application. The application belongs to the security vendor AVG, so if you have recently installed VProtect application on your computer, it is not a surprise that VProtect application has appeared on your PC.
If you must remove VProtect application from your computer, you should erase the AVG program from your system. Of course, it is not necessary that you do that because, as mentioned, VProtect application is not malicious at all. In some cases, malicious applications borrow the names of legitimate programs to cover their tracks, so if you do not have any AVG application installed on your computer, there is a possibility that you have encountered malware. Inspect all programs installed on your computer or scan your system with an antimalware scanner in this case. If it turns out that malware uses the name of VProtect application, you should delete VProtect application right away. If it turns out to be a computer threat, you might need to use powerful security software to implement the VProtect application removal. It may be simply too hard to erase it manually.
What does VProtect application do?
Originally, VProtect application is a legitimate program that will not cause any problems to you. As mentioned, it is associated with AVG tools you use. If you know that you have an AVG tool installed on your system, you do not need to remove VProtect application. Some users claim that they see pop-ups coming from VProtect application and, on top of that, they are really concerned that VProtect application uses a lot of system resources. If you are dealing with the same problem, you should know that it is not your Windows OS fault. You can uninstall VProtect application if you feel that it is the only way to fix the issue, but it is definitely not a must. You must implement the VProtect application removal only if it has turned out that it belongs to malicious software.
Where does VProtect application come from?
If you cannot remember installing the application named VProtect application recently, it does not mean that it is malware. You could have installed it on your computer together with the AVG security application without even noticing that. There is no need to worry about the presence of VProtect application, but it does not mean that you cannot find really harmful threats installed on your computer one day. To protect yourself – keep your security software enabled. If you do not have one installed yet, it is the time to acquire a security application.
How do I remove VProtect application?
VProtect application is not an essential Windows OS component, so if you feel that it consumers too much PC power, feel free to terminate it. You should be able to do so by deleting the AVG program installed on your computer. You will have to delete VProtect application manually because it is a legitimate program that will not be detected by an antimalware tool.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Vprotect applicationUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Vprotect application. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Vprotect application and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Vprotect application and related programs.
Remove Vprotect application from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Vprotect application from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Vprotect application from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Vprotect application from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Vprotect application or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Vprotect application from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Vprotect application from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Vprotect application from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Vprotect application from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Vprotect application and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.