Wholecoolstories.com is to blame for the increase in adverts appearing on your screen
Detected by virus removal software like Avast, Kaspersky, Malwarebytes, AVG, Symantec as Wholecoolstories.com, it’s an adware program that will display on your screen. Adware is one of the more minor infections you can get. Adware is aggravating to deal with but it isn’t exactly a damaging infection. A considerably larger amount of pop-ups and adverts, as well as questionable redirects are the most evident clues of adware. The adware itself may not be damaging to your computer but the advertisements that it displays could expose you to content that’s dangerous for your device. Adware advertisements could expose you to tech-support scams, malware, and fake giveaways.
The infection generally uses software bundling to install. Adware, as well as other infections, comes together with free software as an extra offer and installs alongside. Since most users are not aware of them being there, they accidentally authorize the offers to install, despite them being not obligatory. If you carry on to the proceeding section of the article, we’ll explain how you can avoid installing these unwanted offers.
The bundling method is used to distribute adware
Software bundling is mostly used to distribute adware because no one would install it otherwise. To put it in basic terms, adware is an extra offer that comes together with popular free programs, and users install it accidentally. Software bundling is quite a frowned upon installation method as the attached offers are set to install by default and concealed from users. Unless users are paying close attention to how they install free software, they are likely to miss the offers, which allows them to install alongside.
When installing software in the future, we encourage you to pay attention to the process. When given the choice, choose Advanced (Custom) settings instead of Default. Once Advanced options make the hidden offers visible, simply uncheck the boxes.
Adware can expose to dangerous ads
Adware is far from being harmless, but it will not harm to the extent malware would. When you browse using popular browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, advertisements will start popping up more than normal because the adware will attach itself to those browser. While adware is installed, we highly recommend you avoid clicking on any ads as they could be harmful. Certain types of adverts could be particularly dangerous so you should be careful. The adverts that might cause severe problems are tech-support scams requesting users to call weird numbers, advertisements encouraging users to install questionable applications and false updates, and false giveaway ads. If you are careless, crooks might steal your sensitive information, and your device may catch an infection.
Avast, Kaspersky, Symantec, Malwarebytes, AVG and other anti-virus programs identify the adware as Wholecoolstories.com. It would be easiest to use the anti-virus program to remove Wholecoolstories.com.
How to delete Wholecoolstories.com
It’s a good idea to use spyware removal software to uninstall Wholecoolstories.com from the PC, especially if you don’t have much experience with systems. If you attempt manual Wholecoolstories.com elimination, you might miss certain files and leave leftover files, which might lead to the adware recovering.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Wholecoolstories.com pop-upsUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Wholecoolstories.com pop-ups. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Wholecoolstories.com pop-ups and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Wholecoolstories.com pop-ups and related programs.
Remove Wholecoolstories.com pop-ups from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Wholecoolstories.com pop-ups from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Wholecoolstories.com pop-ups from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Wholecoolstories.com pop-ups from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Wholecoolstories.com pop-ups or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Wholecoolstories.com pop-ups from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Wholecoolstories.com pop-ups from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Wholecoolstories.com pop-ups from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Wholecoolstories.com pop-ups from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Wholecoolstories.com pop-ups and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.