wholecoolstories.com is why there’s an increase in ads on your screen
Identified by virus removal software like Avast, Kaspersky, Malwarebytes, AVG, Symantec as wholecoolstories.com, it’s an adware program that will cause advertisements to be displayed on your screen. Adware isn’t believed to be an overly harmful compared to actual malware. While adware shouldn’t be harmful to your PC, dealing with it’ll be very aggravating. Adware signs normally include an increase in dubious pop-ups and adverts, as well as redirects to questionable websites. Adware itself is not considered to be harmful but the problem lies in the ads it displays. Content like fake giveaways, malicious software and tech-support scams may be advertised by those adverts.
Free program bundles is usually how adware infects a PC. Such infections commonly come adjoined to free programs as extra offers, which are allowed to install alongside the free program. The added offers are optional but many users don’t know about them, meaning they cannot deselect the offers. It is possible to prevent these unwanted installations, and we’ll explain in the proceeding section of the report.
Adware is spread via the bundling method
Adware uses software bundling to install because there are little reasons for users to install it intentionally. In short, adware as well as other infections generally come adjoined as additional offers to free software, which is why they can install alongside. The offers are optional but are preselected by default and hidden, which is why the bundling method is a rather dubious method of spreading. Most users end up missing those offers when installing freeware due to the fact that they aren’t paying enough attention.
If you pay attention to what you’re doing when installing software, undesirable installations shouldn’t be an issue. The most important part is opting for Advanced (Custom) settings instead of Default when the option is given to you. You will be able to uncheck everything once the offers are made visible in Advanced options.
What does adware do
Adware is not harmless, but if you compare it to severe malware, it will not cause harm to a large extent. The adware can affect all major browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, and show suspicious advertisements. Its made adverts might be dangerous to click on, so avoiding them is strongly suggested. Be on the lookout for a couple of particularly dangerous types of advertisements. Most potentially harmful adverts are tech-support scams attempting to deceive users into calling weird numbers, adverts promoting questionable applications and bogus updates, and bogus giveaway advertisements. Engaging with such ads might lead to stolen sensitive and financial data, as well as your system getting infected with malware.
Avast, Kaspersky, Symantec, Malwarebytes, AVG and other anti-virus programs detect the adware as wholecoolstories.com. Having anti-virus software remove wholecoolstories.com would be best.
Ways to remove wholecoolstories.com
We highly recommend using spyware removal software for wholecoolstories.com deletion, especially if you’re not sure how to erase applications. If you try to manually remove wholecoolstories.com, you might leave leftover files, which could permit the adware to restore.
Download Removal Toolto scan for wholecoolstories.comUse our recommended removal tool to scan for wholecoolstories.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like wholecoolstories.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall wholecoolstories.com and related programs.
Remove wholecoolstories.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall wholecoolstories.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete wholecoolstories.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove wholecoolstories.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for wholecoolstories.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete wholecoolstories.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase wholecoolstories.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove wholecoolstories.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall wholecoolstories.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable wholecoolstories.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.