What is Y2search.com
Y2search.com is a browser hijacker that was likely attached to free software, which is how it infected your PC. Browser hijackers sometimes come together with free software, and could install without the user actually noticing. Similar threats are why it’s crucial that you pay attention to how you install software. Browser hijackers are rather low-level threats they do carry out a lot of unwanted activity. You’ll notice that instead of the web page that is set as your homepage and new tabs, your browser will now load a different page.
Your search engine will also be modified into one that might be inserting sponsored content into search results. Browser hijackers want to redirect users to sponsored websites so as to boost traffic for them, so that owners can earn income. Not all of those reroutes will lead to safe pages, so you may end up in a malicious software ridden-page and accidentally get a malware. And a malicious program contaminations would be much more serious. In order for people to find them handy, redirect viruses attempt to appear very handy but the reality is, they are replaceable with proper add-ons which aren’t actively attempting to reroute you. Redirect viruses are also known to follow users as they browse, gathering information, so that they could make more personalized adverts. That info might also end up in suspicious third-party hands. Thus, you are recommended to terminate Y2search.com, before it could affect your OS more severely.
How does Y2search.com act
It’s possible that you ran into the redirect virus unintentionally, during free program installation. We doubt that people would select to install them knowingly, so free program packages is the most probable method. If users started paying closer attention to how they install applications, these threats would not spread so much. The offers are hiding and by rushing you loose all chance of seeing them, and you not seeing them means their installation will be authorized. By picking Default settings, you might be permitting all types of unnecessary offers to install, so it would be best if you opted out of using them. Advanced or Custom settings, on the other hand, will show you those offers. If you don’t want to deal with constant unfamiliar programs, unchecking every box that appears. All you have to do is unmark the offers that appear, and you may then continue installing the free program. Dealing with the infection may take a while not to mention it being aggravating, so it would be best if you stopped the threat initially. Review what sources you use to obtain your programs because by using unreliable sites, you risk infecting your system with malware.
You’ll know at once if you unintentionally infected your device with a redirect virus. It will alter your browser’s settings, set a weird website as your homepage, new tabs and search engine, and it’ll do that even without your explicit consent. It’s likely that it will alter all of the main browsers, like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. And unless you first delete Y2search.com from the machine, you’ll have to deal with the web page loading every time your browser is launched. The redirect virus will keep reversing the modifications back so do not waste time trying to modify anything. If when you search for something results are generated not by your set search engine, it is probable that the browser hijacker is accountable. Since the infection is intending to redirect you, it is probable you’ll come across sponsored content in the results. Browser redirects will redirect to sponsored sites because their goal is to help owners make revenue. More traffic helps site owners make revenue because more people will probably engage with the advertisements. If you click on those web pages, you’ll be taken to entirely unrelated websites, where you won’t find relevant data. In some cases they might seem real initially, if you were to search ‘virus’, pages promoting false security programs could come up, and they could look to be legitimate in the beginning. Some of those web pages could even be dangerous. Your browsing activity will also be overseen, with the aim of gathering data about what you’re interested in. The data might also be shared with various third-parties, who could use it for their own purposes. The info could also be used by the redirect virus for the purposes of customizing sponsored content so that you are more prone to clicking on it. You need to uninstall Y2search.com, and if you are still thinking about leaving it, read this paragraph again. You need to also reverse the changed settings after you have completed the process.
It would be best if you get rid of the contamination as soon as you notice it, so terminate Y2search.com. While there are two methods to get rid of the redirect virus, by hand and automatic, choose the one based on your experience with computers. If you have dealt with uninstalling software before, you may go with the former, as you will have to locate the infection yourself. If you are not sure what to do, you could use the guidelines presented below this article. The instructions are provided in a understandable and accurate manner so you should not encounter issues. If you don’t have much experience with computers, it may not be the best option. The other option is to acquire spyware elimination software and have do everything for you. Anti-spyware software is made for the purpose of disposing of such threats, so it should have no trouble dealing with it. You were successful in getting rid of the threat if you can reverse the alterations the reroute virus made to your browser. But, if the browser hijacker’s site still persists to be your home web page, the hijacker is still running. Try to avoid these types of threats in the future, and that means you ought to be more careful when installing software. In order to have a clean system, good habits are a must.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Y2search.comUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Y2search.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Y2search.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Y2search.com and related programs.
Remove Y2search.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Y2search.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Y2search.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Y2search.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Y2search.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Y2search.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Y2search.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Y2search.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Y2search.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Y2search.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.