What is Search-fine.com
Search-fine.com redirect virus may be to blame for the alterations made to your browser, and it must have invaded your OS through free application bundles. The infection was possibly adjoined to a free software as an extra item, and because you did not uncheck it, it installed. If you do not want these kinds of threats inhabiting your system, be cautious about what type of applications you install. Browser hijackers are quite low-level infections they do carry out a lot of unwanted activity.
Your browser’s home web page and new tabs will be set to load the redirect virus’s promoted website instead of your normal web page. Your search engine will also be changed into one that could inject advertisement content into results. You are rerouted because the redirect virus aims to generate traffic for certain web pages, which earns income for owners. You should also be aware that if you get rerouted to a malicious site, you could easily get your device infected with a malicious threat. The malware contamination that you could get might cause much more severe consequences, so make sure that does not occur. Hijackers like to pretend they have beneficial features but you can find reliable add-ons doing the same thing, which won’t cause random reroutes. You’ll see more customized content appearing, and in case you’re wondering why, the browser hijacker is overseeing what your browse, so that it could know about your activity. It is possible that the info would be sold to third-parties too. Therefore, remove Search-fine.com, before it could have a more severe affect on your system.
What does Search-fine.com do
You likely got the redirect virus was when you were installing free applications. They are unneeded and very invasive infections, so we doubt anyone would install them otherwise. If people were more vigilant when they install software, this method wouldn’t be so effective. To block their installation, they need to be unchecked, but because they’re hiding, you may not see them if you rush. By choosing to use Default mode, you could be permitting all kinds of unfamiliar offers to install, so it would be best if you didn’t use them. Make sure you always pick Advanced or Custom mode, as the offers will be visible only there. Deselecting all the items is encouraged so as to block unfamiliar application installations. After you deselect all the items, you can continue installing the free application. Dealing with the infection could take a while and get on your nerves, so it would be best if you stopped the threat initially. Reconsider from where you download your programs because by using dubious sites, you risk infecting your system with malware.
You’ll see soon after infection if your PC got infected with a browser hijacker. Your browser’s settings will be changed, the hijacker setting a weird web page as your home website, new tabs and search engine, and it’ll be done even without your explicit permission. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will be included in the list of browsers affected. The web page will load every time your browser is launched, and this will continue until you remove Search-fine.com from your device. Don’t waste time trying to alter the settings back because the redirect virus will just overrule your modifications. If when you search for something results are made not by your set search engine, it’s probable that the redirect virus has modified it. It is possible you will come across search results containing sponsored links, since the threats’s main goal is to redirect you. Hijackers will lead to doubtful sites because their goal is to help owners make revenue. With more visitors, it is more likely that the owners will be able to make more income as more users will interact with adverts. If you press on those pages, you will be taken to sites with no relation to what you were looking for, where you won’t find appropriate data. In certain cases, they could appear to be legitimate, so for example if you were to search for something vague, like ‘anti-virus’ or ‘computer’, results redirecting to questionable web pages might come up but you wouldn’t notice in the beginning. During one these reroutes you may even obtain an infection, since those pages may be sheltering malware. The redirect virus will also monitor your Internet activity, gathering various data about what you are interested in. The information could then be shared with various third-parties, and it could be used for dubious purposes. The redirect virus can also use it for its own purposes of creating sponsored content which you would be more likely to click on. While it is not exactly the most harmful threat, you ought to still uninstall Search-fine.com. After you successfully get rid of it, you should be able to change the browser’s settings back to usual.
Ways to remove Search-fine.com
While the contamination isn’t as severe as some others, we still recommend that you eliminate Search-fine.com as quickly as possible. By hand and automatically are the two possible options for getting rid of the hijacker. If you opt to go with the former, you’ll have to find where the contamination is concealed yourself. If you have never dealt with this type of infection before, below this report you’ll find instructions to aid you, we can reassure you that the process shouldn’t be difficult, although it might fairly time-consuming. They should provide the guidance you need to take care of the infection, so follow them accordingly. If you do not have much experience with computers, this may not be the best option. You may download spyware elimination software and have it discard the threat for you. If it pinpoints the threat, have it eliminate it. An easy way to see whether the infections is gone is by altering your browser’s settings in some way, if the modifications aren’t nullified, you were successful. If you cannot modify your homepage, you didn’t entirely get rid of the hijacker and it was able to restore itself. It is rather irritating dealing with these kinds of threats, so it’s best if you block their installation in the future, so pay attention when installing software. Good computer habits will help you avoid loads of trouble.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Search-fine.comUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Search-fine.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search-fine.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search-fine.com and related programs.
Remove Search-fine.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search-fine.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search-fine.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search-fine.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search-fine.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search-fine.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search-fine.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search-fine.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search-fine.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search-fine.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.