What type of threat are you dealing with
search.locatorunit.com will modify your browser’s settings which is why it is considered to be a browser hijacker. You probably installed some type of freeware recently, and it came together with a hijacker. These unneeded programs are why you should pay attention to how you install applications. Browser hijackers aren’t classified to be dangerous but their activity does raise a few questions. Your browser’s homepage and new tabs will be modified, and a different page will load instead of your usual page.
You will also have a different search engine and it could insert advertisement content into results. It would try to redirect you to advertisement sites so that page owners can earn income from boosted traffic. Do take into consideration that redirects may redirect to infected sites, which might result in a malware infection. If you contaminated your system with malware, the situation would be much worse. Hijackers like to pretend they have useful features but you can easily replace them with trustworthy add-ons, which will not reroute you to weird malicious software. You need to also know that some hijackers will track your activity and acquire certain information to know what type of content you’re likely to click on. That information can also end up in suspicious third-party hands. So you are highly encouraged to uninstall search.locatorunit.com as soon as possible.
How does search.locatorunit.com act
This may come as surprise but redirect viruses usually come together with freeware. They are unnecessary and pretty invasive infections, so it is dubious anyone would install them otherwise. The reason this method is successful is because people behave carelessly when they install software, which means they miss all clues that something might be added. To prevent their installation, they need to be deselected, but because they’re concealed, they might not be seen if you rush. Opt out of using Default settings as they do not permit you to uncheck anything. Instead, select Advanced or Custom mode because they will not only make attached items visible but also give a chance to uncheck everything. Unless you wish to deal with unfamiliar installations, ensure you always deselect the items. And until you have done that, don’t continue the installation. Dealing with these infections could be troublesome so you would save yourself a lot of time and effort by initially blocking them. You are also suggested to not download from questionable sources as they are a great method to distribute malware.
Ways to remove search.locatorunit.com
It is best to get rid of the threat as soon as you notice it, so terminate search.locatorunit.com. You may choose from two options, manual and automatic, for ridding your device of the reroute virus. If you decide to proceed with the former, you’ll have to locate where the contamination is hidden yourself. While the process may be a bit more time-consuming than you expect, the process ought to be pretty simple, and to help you, we have presented instructions below this article to help you. By following the guidelines, you shouldn’t have issues with attempting to get rid of it. For those who have little experience with computers, it might not be the most fitting option. You could obtain anti-spyware software and have it take care of the threat for you. This kind of software is created to terminate infections like this, so you shouldn’t run into any problems. You may check if the threat was removed by making alterations to your browser’s settings, if the changes aren’t reversed, you were successful. If the page still loads as your home website even after you’ve changed it, the redirect virus wasn’t entirely terminated and was capable of recovering. It’s very aggravating dealing with these types of threats, so better prevent their installation in the future, which means you need to be more attentive when installing software. Ensure you develop decent computer habits because it might prevent a lot of trouble.
Download Removal Toolto scan for search.locatorunit.comUse our recommended removal tool to scan for search.locatorunit.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like search.locatorunit.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall search.locatorunit.com and related programs.
Remove search.locatorunit.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall search.locatorunit.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete search.locatorunit.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove search.locatorunit.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for search.locatorunit.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete search.locatorunit.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase search.locatorunit.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove search.locatorunit.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall search.locatorunit.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable search.locatorunit.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.