What kind of infection are you dealing with
SearchConverterInc is a hijacker that was probably adjoined to freeware, which is how it entered your OS. Free software usually have some kind of items added, and when users do not deselect them, they’re allowed to install. These types of threats are why you need to pay attention to what kind of software you install, and how you do it. Redirect viruses are not categorized to be harmful themselves but they do carry out a lot of unnecessary activity. example, you will find that your browser’s settings have been changes, and you new tabs and home web page will be set to load the browser hijacker’s promoted web page. Your search engine will also be modified and it may be inserting advertisement content into search results. It would try to redirect you to sponsored websites since more traffic for those sites means more money for owners. Do take into account that you could be rerouted a malware infection. And a malicious program infection would cause much more harm. Browser redirects tend to pretend they have beneficial features but you can easily replace them with trustworthy add-ons, which won’t bring about weird reroutes. More personalized content will also start appearing, and in case you’re wondering why, the browser hijacker is following your browsing and gathering information about you. It is possible that the information would be sold to third-parties as well. And the quicker you terminate SearchConverterInc, the less time the browser redirect will have to affect your system.
What does SearchConverterInc do
This might surprise you but hijackers are generally added to freeware. Since these are very irritating infections, we very much doubt you got it knowing what it is. The reason this method is successful is because users behave negligently when installing software, which means they miss all clues that something attached. Those offers will be hidden when you install programs, and if you don’t pay attention, you’ll not see them, which means they will be allowed to install. Don’t use Default mode because they do not allow you to deselect anything. Choose Advanced or Custom mode when you are installing something, and attached items will become visible. Unchecking all the offers would be the best choice, unless you want to have to deal with unfamiliar installations. Just uncheck the boxes that appear, and you may then continue freeware installation. Blocking the threat from the very beginning can can go a long way to save you a lot time because dealing with it later could be time-consuming and annoying. You’re also encouraged to not download from questionable sources as they’re a great method to spread malware.
Whether you are experienced with computers or not, you will notice a browser redirect infection right away. It will modify browser’s settings without first asking you so your home web page, new tabs and search engine will be modified to display a different site. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will be among the browsers affected. And until you eliminate SearchConverterInc from the OS, you will be stuck with the page loading every time your browser is launched. Your first course of action might be to nullify the alterations but keep in mind that the browser hijacker will simply modify everything again. If your search engine is changed, every time you carry out a search through browser’s address bar or the provided search box, you would receive results generated by that engine. As the threat’s prime intention is to redirect you, be cautious of sponsored links in the results. Those reroutes are occurring because browser redirects are aiding certain page owners earn more money from increased traffic. Increased traffic helps web page owners make profit as more people are likely to interact with the advertisements. Often those web pages have little to do with what you are were actually looking for. In some cases, they could seem legitimate, so for example if you were to search ‘computer’, results with doubtful links could come up but you wouldn’t notice initially. The reason you should be careful is because certain sites could be dangerous, which may result in a serious infection. Another thing you should know is that hijackers are capable of spying on you in order to acquire data about what you press on, what web pages you enter, your search queries and so on. The acquired data might be used to make more relevant advertisements, if unrelated parties gain access to it. Or the hijacker would use it to create more relevant sponsored results. Erase SearchConverterInc, and if you are still in doubt, reread this paragraph again. Since there will be nothing stopping you, after you carry out the process, ensure you alter your browser’s settings.
While the contamination will not bring about as serious consequences as some others would, we still recommend that you uninstall SearchConverterInc sooner rather than later. Depending on on your computer experience, you can choose either manual and automatic way to cleanse the hijacker from your operating system. If you have experience with erasing software, you may proceed with the former, as you’ll have to locate the infection yourself. If you are unsure of how to proceed, scroll down to the guidelines. If you follow them properly, you ought to have no trouble. If the guidelines are unclear, or if the process itself is not going in the right direction, the other method may be a better choice. In that case, obtain anti-spyware software, and permit it to discard the threat for you. Spyware elimination software is made for the purpose of terminating such infections, so it should have no trouble dealing with it. You can check if the infection was erased by modifying your browser’s settings in some way, if the settings are as you’ve set them, you were successful. However, if your home website went back to showing the browser hijacker’s website, the hijacker is still operating. It’s pretty aggravating dealing with these kinds of threats, so it’s best if you block their installation in the future, which means you have to actually pay attention when you install programs. If you have good computer habits now, you will thank us later.
Download Removal Toolto scan for SearchConverterIncUse our recommended removal tool to scan for SearchConverterInc. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like SearchConverterInc and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall SearchConverterInc and related programs.
Remove SearchConverterInc from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall SearchConverterInc from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete SearchConverterInc from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove SearchConverterInc from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for SearchConverterInc or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete SearchConverterInc from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase SearchConverterInc from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove SearchConverterInc from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall SearchConverterInc from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable SearchConverterInc and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.