What is Search-alpha.com
Search-alpha.com is a fake search engine that shows results from other search engines. Fake and deceptive search engines are often promoted by browser hijackers, minor infections that make unwanted changes to a browser’s settings. If you find that Search-alpha.com has been set as your homepage/new tabs, your computer most likely has a browser hijacker installed. Fortunately, as far as computer infections go, it’s not serious. However, it will make unwanted changes to your browser’s settings and try to redirect you to questionable websites.
When the browser hijacker promoting Search-alpha.com is installed on your device, it will proceed to immediately change your browser’s settings. It will change your homepage, new tab, and default search engine to Search-alpha.com. This site will load every time you open your browser, and you will not be able to undo these setting changes while the browser hijacker is still installed. This infection can affect all popular browsers, including Google Chrome, Safari, and Mozilla Firefox.
Because Search-alpha.com will be set as your default search engine, whenever you do a search via your browser’s address bar, it will go through Search-alpha.com and its associated sites. More specifically, search-location.com and api.lisumanagerine.club. Search-alpha.com will also have a search box on the site, and if you use it, you’ll also first get briefly redirected to search-location.com and api.lisumanagerine.club before you are shown search results from bing.com, ask.com, or other legitimate search engines. Those brief redirects are the whole point of hijackers promoting fake search engines like Search-alpha.com.
Browser hijackers do not directly harm computers because that is not their main purpose. Instead, they aim to generate revenue by redirecting users to questionable sites and showing ads. However, they can redirect you to sites that conceal malicious infections or promote scams. If you notice that Search-alpha.com is exposing you to questionable content, do not interact with it and focus on Search-alpha.com removal.
Lastly, it should be mentioned that browser hijackers are known to collect information about users’ browsing activities. In particular, Search-alpha.com browser hijacker will log what sites you visit, what you search for, what content you interact with, and your IP address. The collected information is not sensitive but there’s no reason to allow an infection to collect any kind of data about you. Especially because the data is shared with unknown third parties as well.
How did the browser hijacker install on your computer?
Infections like browser hijackers and adware are usually installed via the software bundling method. The method allows said infections to sneak past users and install without explicit permission. The way it works is those infections are added to free programs as extra offers. These offers are preselected to install without explicit permission. In many cases, users don’t even notice them when they install free programs. This is why the method is considered to be quite deceptive. Furthermore, programs that use it are often detected as potential threats by anti-virus programs.
The extra offers are technically optional so their installation can be prevented. The problem is they are hidden in Advanced settings, the settings users don’t normally use. When you install a program, you are asked to choose either Basic (Default) settings or Advanced (Custom). If you choose the former, the added offers will be authorized to install alongside without requiring your permission. However, if you opt for Advanced settings, all added offers will be made visible and you will be able to deselect all of them. All you need to do is uncheck the boxes of those settings.
To be able to remove Search-alpha.com as your default search engine, you need to get rid of the browser hijacker. We suggest using an anti-virus program to delete Search-alpha.com browser hijacker because it would take care of everything for you. Because it’s not a serious infection, you can also remove Search-alpha.com manually, though that would take more time. If you want to opt for the manual method, instructions will be provided below. Once the hijacker is gone, you will be able to change your browser’s settings as usual.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Search-alpha.comUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Search-alpha.com. Trial version of provides detection of computer threats like Search-alpha.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search-alpha.com and related programs.
Remove Search-alpha.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search-alpha.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search-alpha.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search-alpha.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search-alpha.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search-alpha.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search-alpha.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search-alpha.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search-alpha.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search-alpha.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.