What is WowShortVideos.com
WowShortVideos.com is a deceptive website that tries to trick visitors into enabling desktop advertisements. Your browser will display an alert saying “WowShortVideos.com wants to show notifications” as soon as you end up on the website. The website is misusing a legitimate browser feature that enables sites to conveniently display content for users. However, WowShortVideos.com and similar websites use this feature to spam ads instead of showing any kind of useful content. Some of those advertisements might also expose you to questionable or even harmful content.
WowShortVideos.com does not have any content besides an image of a loading bar and a message saying you should allow notifications to continue watching. Your browser will also show an alert saying “WowShortVideos.com wants to show notifications”. This strategy might work on people who were redirected while attempting to stream copyrighted content for free. If you allow the notifications, you will start seeing questionable ads on your desktop. The ads may promote dubious or even dangerous programs as well as scams. Avoid interacting with any ads if you have given WowShortVideos.com permission to display notifications. Moreover, it’s a good idea to cancel permission as soon as possible. You can use the instructions provided at the end of this report if you are unsure of how to do that.
Giving websites you trust permission to display notifications is not an issue because it is a legitimate feature. You may even find the feature useful if you frequently visit certain websites and wish to access the content they publish more conveniently. If you frequently visit a news website, for instance, you can allow it to show notifications so that you can get the most recent news directly on your desktop.
It’s important that you identify the reason for the redirects. Your computer might have adware installed if you find yourself getting redirected regularly. And using an anti-virus tool would make removing adware infections the easiest. However, it’s also possible that you are redirected when you interact with high-risk websites without an adblocker program installed on your computer.
Adware may trigger redirects to WowShortVideos.com
There are a number of reasons why you can be redirected to dubious websites like WowShortVideos.com. It’s not uncommon for this to happen when browsing high-risk websites that host questionable ads. Interacting with anything on those sites frequently results in a redirect. For instance, clicking on anything on a website that has pirated or pornographic content usually triggers a redirect. But as we’ve already mentioned, an adblocker program typically fixes such problems.
Adware infections can also be causes for these redirects. Adware is a somewhat minor infection when compared to other malware like trojans and ransomware. However, dealing with it can be quite frustrating. Adware and browser hijackers are usually distributed via software bundling. Free software usually comes with additional offers like adware and hijackers. These offers are allowed to install automatically without asking users’ permission beforehand. For obvious reasons, software bundling is a fairly controversial installation technique. And anti-virus software typically flags programs that use it as potential threats.
Despite the fact that the offers are technically optional, users must still deselect them if they do not want them to install. However, many users do not see the offers and are unable to deselect them because they are hidden. If you learn how to correctly install free software, this shouldn’t be a problem. The most crucial step is to choose Advanced (Custom) settings rather than Default when prompted. If you choose to install a program using Default settings as advised by the installation window, all added offers will install alongside. If you choose Advanced options, the offers will become visible, and you will have the option to deselect all of them.
Even if an offer initially sounds useful, it is not recommended to let it install. If you permit these useless installations, your computer will be clogged with a variety of problematic unwanted programs. Despite not being malicious, these infections can be quite difficult to remove. Simply unchecking a few boxes during installation is considerably easier.
How to stop WowShortVideos.com ads
If you have given the site permission to show notifications, you can easily revoke it via your browser’s settings. If you are not sure about what to do, you can use the directions provided right below. Review all sites that have permission to show notifications, and remove the ones you do not recognize or if they look suspicious.
- Mozilla Firefox: Open the menu (the three bars at the top-right corner), click Options, then Privacy & Security. Scroll down to Permissions, press Settings next to Notifications, and remove WowShortVideos.com and any other questionable websites from the list. It’s possible to permanently turn off push notification requests by checking the “Block new requests asking to allow notifications” box in the same Notifications settings.
- Google Chrome: Open the menu (the three dots top-right corner), then Settings, then Privacy and security, then Site Settings. Click on Notifications under Permissions, and remove WowShortVideos.com and any other questionable websites from the list. It’s possible to permanently turn off push notification requests by toggling off “Sites can ask to send notifications”.
- Microsoft Edge: Open the menu (the three dots top-right corner), then Settings, then Cookies and site permissions, then Notifications. Review which sites have permission and remove WowShortVideos.com and any other questionable websites from the list. It’s possible to permanently turn off push notification requests by toggling off “Ask before sending”.
It’s also a good idea to scan your computer with anti-virus software to check for adware or a similar infection. If redirects to WowShortVideos.com are triggered by adware, they will only stop after you have removed the adware. And it’s easiest to do that using anti-virus software. Furthermore, you need to install an adblocker program to prevent random redirects when you’re browsing high-risk websites.
Download Removal Toolto scan for WowShortVideos.comUse our recommended removal tool to scan for WowShortVideos.com. Trial version of provides detection of computer threats like WowShortVideos.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall WowShortVideos.com and related programs.
Remove WowShortVideos.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall WowShortVideos.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete WowShortVideos.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove WowShortVideos.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for WowShortVideos.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete WowShortVideos.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase WowShortVideos.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove WowShortVideos.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall WowShortVideos.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable WowShortVideos.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.