What is Yts.mx
Yts.mx is a torrent website that provides users with means to illegally pirate entertainment content. As is the case with all such torrent sites, users are discouraged from using Yts.mx not only because pirating is illegal but also because the site itself could be dangerous. Torrent sites are often poorly regulated, which allows malware distributors to upload their malicious software and disguise it as some kind of popular movie or TV show.
When users download those torrents, they end up inadvertently downloading the malware. Furthermore, the sites also often have highly questionable advertisements and trigger redirects to potentially dangerous sites where users can be exposed to scams and possibly malware. Even browsing such sites without adblocker and an anti-virus program is dangerous so users should stay away.
Since it’s a website and not an actual infection, users don’t need to remove Yts.mx. Though scanning the computer with anti-virus software is recommended after visiting torrent sites.
Why is Yts.mx dangerous
Sites like Yts.mx are dangerous for a couple of reasons. For one, they rely on highly questionable ads to make revenue, and those ads could be promoting suspicious content. Clicking on anything on the site could trigger a redirect to some high-risk website that is promoting scams or malware.
These redirects often lead to sites that promote dangerous content such as tech-support scams that falsely claim that there is something seriously wrong with the computer. This particular scam encourages users to call the shown number to get supposed technical support, only for these fake technicians to try and scam users out of hundreds of dollars. Similar scams may also try to trick users into downloading supposed anti-virus programs, which could turn out to be either some potentially unwanted program (PUP) or outright malware. It goes without saying that users should not download anything from sites they are randomly redirected to. And they should certainly not trust the “Your computer has a virus” alerts they see on weird sites. Legitimate virus alerts do not appear in the browser, and are only shown by an anti-virus program.
Users may also be redirected to sites that encourage users to provide their personal information by claiming that they have won some kind of prize. These random “You have won a prize” and giveaway ads will always be scams. The primary aim of such scams is to get users’ personal information (full name, email address, phone number, home address, etc), which they are asked to provide in order to get the supposed prize.
Another reason why sites Yts.mx are dangerous is because torrents on it could actually be malware. Torrents are one of the main reasons why users infect their computers with ransomware. Because torrent sites are not regulated properly, just about anyone can upload any kind of malicious content disguised as some movie or TV show. It’s especially common for torrents for popular movies and series to contain malware. For example, torrents for Game of Thrones episodes often contained malware when the show was airing.
Overall, it’s best if users avoid using sites like Yts.mx, not only because pirating is illegal but also because it’s potentially dangerous for the computer as users can easily pick up some kind of malware. At the very least, if users are visiting such sites, they should have adblocker and anti-virus software installed.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Yts.mxUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Yts.mx. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Yts.mx and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Yts.mx and related programs.
Remove Yts.mx from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Yts.mx from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Yts.mx from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Yts.mx from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Yts.mx or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Yts.mx from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Yts.mx from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Yts.mx from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Yts.mx from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Yts.mx and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.