Bing Redirect Virus Removal Guide
Bing Redirect Virus is a term used to refer to a browser hijacker that replaces your home page, new tab and default search with Bing.com. Bing is a legitimate search engine that provides trustworthy and relevant search results. However, if it appears in your browsers out of nowhere, it means that you are dealing with a hijacker.
Once Bing Redirect Virus infiltrates your computer, it adds extensions to all browsers that you have got installed and alters their settings without your approval. The hijacker is compatible with all major browsers, so it does not matter which one of them you use. In addition to the already mentioned modifications, you may also notice a variety of other symptoms. We suggest that you remove Bing Redirect Virus from your browsers as soon as you can.
How does Bing Redirect Virus work?
Bing Redirect Virus works like most other browser hijackers. It changes your browser settings upon arrival altering your home page, new tab and default search provider. This is done in order to bombard you with commercials that may appear on your new home page, in your search results, and on all other pages that you visit. Moreover, you will also get redirected to the hijacker’s sponsor sites when you click on New Tab. These actions help the hijacker generate web traffic and thus make profit for its developers. There is no reason why you should tolerate that.
The hijacker not only interrupts your browsing with irrelevant and unsafe content, but it also tracks your cookies thus collecting information about your surfing activities. It records what pages you open, what you search for, what is your geo-location, and so on. This data is send to a remote server and used for marketing purposes. It is the reason why some of the ads you see may appear useful to you. Do not be tricked by this and avoid all commercials until you eliminate Bing Redirect Virus for good.
How to remove Bing Redirect Virus?
You can delete Bing Redirect Virus from your browsers by following the instructions in the manual removal guide or by implementing the anti-malware tool, both of which are presented on our page. We advise going with automatic Bing Redirect Virus removal option. Download the malware prevention and removal tool from our page and use it to scan your system. The utility will detect all threats that are present on your computer and uninstall Bing Redirect Virus along with them. You will not only clean your PC, but also make sure that it stays that way in the future. If, however, you decide to terminate Bing Redirect Virus manually after all, just follow the instructions below.
Bing Redirect Virus Removal
Step 1: Delete Bing Redirect Virus
- Press Win+S and enter Control Panel
- Click on the item to open it
- Select Uninstall a program
- Choose the unwanted application
- Click Uninstall
Windows 7 & Vista/Windows XP
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel
- Pick Uninstall a program/Add or remove programs
- Choose the unwanted application
- Click Uninstall/Remove
Step 2: Restore your browser settings
- Click on the Gear icon and go to Internet Options
- Overwrite your home page on the General tab
- Go back to Gear icon and open Manage Add-ons
- In Toolbars and Extensions, delete unwanted add-ons
- In Search Providers, set a new search engine
- Click on Chrome menu, select More tools → Extensions
- Remove the unwanted extension
- Move to Settings and locate the On Startup section
- Click on Set pages and change your home page
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Set a new default search engine
- Open the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons
- In Extensions, delete the unwanted browser extension
- Go back to the menu and choose Options
- On the General tab, modify your home page
- On the Search tab, select a new search provider
Step 3: Modify your browser shortcuts
- Right-click on your browser shortcut
- Select Properties and open the Shortcut tab
- Locate the Target line
- Remove all text after iexplore.exe/firefox.exe/chrome.exe
- Click Apply and OK to save changes
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Bing Redirect VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Bing Redirect Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Bing Redirect Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.