What is Calipso.email@example.com?
Calipso.firstname.lastname@example.org is an email address used by the hackers responsible for this ransomware infection. It is very similar to another program that belongs to this category named Vipasana Ransomware. The main goal of the malign software is to make profit off of computer users by taking their files “hostage”. The threat slithers into your PC through spam emails with infected attachments, malicious links, fake ads, etc. It starts corrupting your data files, thus making them useless to you. Once the encryption is complete, the parasite demands that you pay a ransom in exchange for a decryption key that can decode your files. We advise against that. Instead, you should terminate Calipso.email@example.com as soon as you can.
How does Calipso.firstname.lastname@example.org work?
As we have already mentioned, the harmful software uses different tricks to spread online. You may have downloaded it as an email attachment thinking that it is a legitimate file as this is one of the most widespread techniques used by malware. You should always be cautious while browsing the Web, especially if you do not have anti-malware installed on your PC. Before you download a file or visit a website make sure that it can be trusted.
After the ransomware takes over your PC, it starts encrypting your files including your photos, videos, music, documents, presentations, and other important data. The encryption process usually goes by unnoticed by the user. The only symptom you may experience is slower system performance. Once all of your files are corrupted, the infection presents you with a ransom note, which states that your data has been encrypted with RSA-1024 cryptographic algorithm and that you should send 1 file to the provided email address. It also informs you of the fact that you have 2 days to make the payment, otherwise the decryption key will be deleted. It is clear that if you contact the cyber crooks, they will demand that you pay them. The sum may vary. Whatever it is, we urge you not to waste your money and find a different way to get your files back. Before you can do that, however, you need to get rid of Calipso.email@example.com.
How to remove Calipso.firstname.lastname@example.org?
You can eliminate Calipso.email@example.com from your computer with the help of a powerful anti-malware utility. The anti-malware can be acquired on our website. It will scan your system and detect all malicious components. The security software will delete Calipso.firstname.lastname@example.org and other threats that it finds. It will also keep your PC safeguarded after Calipso.email@example.com removal is complete. As for your files, you can restore them from backup, if you have one. If not, you can try using the System Restore feature or the Shadow Explorer software. There is no decryption tool developed specifically for this ransomware yet, however, you can choose from a variety of free data recovery programs. Make sure that you erase Calipso.firstname.lastname@example.org before you try them out.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Calipso.email@example.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Calipso.firstname.lastname@example.org. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Calipso.email@example.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Delete Calipso.firstname.lastname@example.org using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove Calipso.email@example.com from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove Calipso.firstname.lastname@example.org
Remove Calipso.email@example.com from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete Calipso.firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete Calipso.email@example.com from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete Calipso.firstname.lastname@example.org from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.