HowToSuite Toolbar Removal Guide (Uninstall HowToSuite Toolbar)
HowToSuite Toolbar is a program that belongs to Mindspark Interactive Network and is powered by Ask. It is promoted on its official page as an application that can give you access to various how-to videos, ideas and tips for home improvement, crafts, recipes, and more. It also has a measurement converter, daily planner, and other useful features.
The toolbar is compatible with all most commonly used web browsers. It can be downloaded from its official page or it may enter your system through freeware bundles. If you did not download the program from its main site, we suggest that you terminate HowToSuite Toolbar without delay.
How does HowToSuite Toolbar work?
As it has already been mentioned, despite the fact that HowToSuite Toolbar has an official website, where it can be acquired, it also travels bundled with free third party software. It may be presented as an additional offer during freeware installation. In most cases, if you fail to notice optional offers that appear in the installation wizard, you agree to them automatically without even realizing it. That is most likely what happened with the toolbar and it is also why it is sometimes classified as a potentially unwanted program. If you want to avoid similar applications in the future, you need to be more attentive when installing free software, because more often than not it will come with additional offers. Decline these offers no matter what they are by choosing Advanced installation mode and deselecting all unfamiliar applications.
After the program gets installed, you will notice that its toolbar appears in your browser right below the address bar. It contains such buttons as My Tasks, Hot To…, Do It Yourself, How to Videos, and Measurement Converter. The toolbar also has a search box powered by Ask. Moreover, the program is capable of changing your browser settings. It can alter your home page, new tab and default search provider. Instead of your preferred home page, you will be presented with home.tb.ask.com, while your default search engine will be replaced with Ask Search. If you are not comfortable with that, you should delete HowToSuite Toolbar from your PC.
How to remove HowToSuite Toolbar?
Luckily, you are not dealing with a malicious application, which means that you can erase HowToSuite Toolbar manually. In order to do that you will have to remove HowToSuite Toolbar from your system and your browsers. You will also need to restore your browser settings, if you wish to get rid of Ask.com. If you choose to complete these tasks manually, you can make use of the manual HowToSuite Toolbar removal instructions presented below the article. If, however, you would like to go with a more reliable solution, you should implement the anti-malware tool from our page and use it to clean your computer. It will detect and delete HowToSuite Toolbar along with other potential threats and ensure that your system stays safe and protected in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove HowToSuite ToolbarUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall HowToSuite Toolbar. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like HowToSuite Toolbar and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall HowToSuite Toolbar and related programs.
Remove HowToSuite Toolbar from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall HowToSuite Toolbar from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete HowToSuite Toolbar from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove HowToSuite Toolbar from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for HowToSuite Toolbar or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete HowToSuite Toolbar from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase HowToSuite Toolbar from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove HowToSuite Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall HowToSuite Toolbar from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable HowToSuite Toolbar and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.