www-searches.com Removal Guide
www-searches.com is an intrusive browser hijacker that can alter your browser settings without your permission. It can change your home page, new tab, and default search provider. It can also make other unnecessary modifications to your browsers like adding commercial data to them, rerouting you to various sponsor sites, slowing down your Internet connection, and more.
The hijacker is compatible with all browsers, so you will not be able to escape its effects, once it is in the system. If you want to eliminate all of the unnecessary alterations made by the hijacker, you should not hesitate to delete www-searches.com from your PC.
Where does www-searches.com come from?
www-searches.com get distributed in freeware and shareware bundles. It is often attached to free third party software and presented in its installation wizard as an optional offer. In most cases, computer users do not notice this offer and thus agree to installing additional applications unwittingly. However, it is possible to avoid that. Make sure that you always choose Advanced installation mode instead of the Recommended or Express one and deselect all programs that are unfamiliar to you, no matter how they are presented. Otherwise, you will have to deal with potentially unwanted and ad-supported applications every time you install free software.
How does www-searches.com work?
www-searches.com works like any other browser hijacker. Its main symptom is the browser settings modifications that happen as soon as the hijacker gets installed. Your home page and default search provider are replaced with www-searches.com. Your new tab page may be affected as well. The website itself may look like other search sites, but we assure you that it cannot be trusted. If you make use of the search box provided on it, you will be rerouted to the results page that contains sponsored links. The hijacker is not responsible for these links, which means that they can be unreliable. We do not recommend clicking on them, if you do not wish to expose your computer to unnecessary online security risks. This is one of the main reasons you should get rid of www-searches.com as soon as you can.
There are a few other symptoms associated with the hijacker. It can redirect you to unfamiliar pages in the middle of your browsing. These pages may be unreliable as well, so you should not blindly trust their content. Moreover, because of the redirects and adverts, your Internet connection will noticeably slow down. The same can be stated about your computer speed. The hijacker’s related program uses up a lot of system resources thus slowing it down. As you can see, there are plenty of reasons why you should terminate www-searches.com without delay.
How to remove www-searches.com?
In order to eliminate www-searches.com from you browsers, you will have to uninstall the application with which it came bundled first. The program can be identified with the help of the free scanner presented on our page, in case you are not sure what it is. Once you delete www-searches.com related software, you will be able to restore your browser settings. These tasks can be completed manually or automatically. If you choose manual www-searches.com removal, you are welcome to use the instructions we have prepared below the article. If, on the other hand, you wish to erase www-searches.com and its related program automatically, you should download the malware removal tool from our page. Once you install and launch it, the anti-malware will scan your system and detect all potential threats. You will then be able to use it to remove www-searches.com along with other unwanted files and programs. Moreover, the utility will also stay helpful in the future as it also functions as a malware prevention tool.
Windows 8/Windows 7 and Vista
- Right-click on the lower left corner/Click on Start
- Choose Control Panel from the list
- Select Uninstall a program
- Pick the unwanted application and click Uninstall
- Click on Start and move to Control Panel
- Select Add or Remove Programs
- Choose the unwanted software and click Remove
Eliminate www-searches.com from browsers
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options
- Overwrite your home page on the General tab
- Go back to the Gear icon and open Manage Add-ons
- In Toolbars and Extensions, delete unwanted add-ons
- In Search Providers, delete www-searches.com
- Set a new default search engine
- Click on Chrome menu, select More tools → Extensions
- Remove all unwanted extensions
- Move to Settings and choose Open a specific page or set of pages
- Click on Set pages and set a new home page
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Set a new default search engine
- Terminate www-searches.com
- Click on the menu icon and select Add-ons
- In Extensions, erase unwanted browser extensions
- Go back to the menu and select Options
- On the General tab, modify your home page
- On the Search tab, uninstall www-searches.com
- Select a new search provider
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove www-searches.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall www-searches.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like www-searches.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.