What is Easysearchit.com?
Easysearchit.com is a browser hijacker that can alter certain browser’s settings. If it has hijacked your browser, then you must have recently installed free software and not paid attention to the process. Easysearchit.com will not harm your computer directly as it is not a malicious computer virus. It will, however, redirect you to sponsored websites so that it can generate traffic. Those redirects are troublesome as they will happen constantly. The only way to stop them would be to remove Easysearchit.com, which you should do anyway. You could be exposed to dangerous websites and end up downloading malicious computer viruses if you’re not careful. For this reason, you are strongly suggested to delete Easysearchit.com from your computer.
Why must you uninstall Easysearchit.com?
If you’re wondering how Easysearchit.com managed to enter your computer without your knowledge, it’s quite simple. It’s attached to free software as an additional item. When you install freeware that has Easysearchit.com attached to it and use Default settings, you will install Easysearchit.com as well. Those settings are very unreliable as they do not inform you of any added items. To avoid installing something you do not need, use Advanced (Custom) settings. And always pay attention to what you install onto your computer.
When Easysearchit.com hijacks your browser, it will alter certain browser’s settings. Easysearchit.com will set its domain as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. It might be able to hijack all of the most popular browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. The changed settings cannot be restored unless you remove Easysearchit.com from your computer. The website looks very simple, so it’s not difficult to imagine that many users could mistake it for a legitimate search engine. It has a search bar that generates results via Plus Network, which is a known browser hijacker. It will insert sponsored websites into the search results and you will be led to completely unrelated websites. You could even be led to malware infected domains, where you could end up downloading that malware onto your computer. Malware infection could become a very serious issue for you so you’re best to avoid it. Eliminate Easysearchit.com.
It’s important that you delete Easysearchit.com if you want to keep your computer safe. Easysearchit.com could expose you to unsafe content so make sure you fully uninstall Easysearchit.com. You can do so by using anti-malware software. If you do not have it, you can erase Easysearchit.com manually. Instructions for Easysearchit.com removal will be provided below.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Easysearchit.comUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Easysearchit.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Easysearchit.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Easysearchit.com and related programs.
Remove Easysearchit.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Easysearchit.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Easysearchit.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Easysearchit.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Easysearchit.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Easysearchit.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Easysearchit.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Easysearchit.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Easysearchit.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Easysearchit.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.