What kind of threat are you dealing with
pro-web.net is considered to be a browser hijacker, an infection that will change your browser’s settings without consent. The reason the hijacker is installed is because you did not see it added to some application that you installed. These kinds of infections are why it’s essential that you are careful during software installation. pro-web.net isn’t a dangerous threat but the way it behaves will get on your nerves. For one, they modify browser’s settings so that their promoted web pages are set as your homepages and new tabs.
Your search engine will also be changed, and it may be capable of inject sponsored links among the real results. This is done so that the browser hijacker could reroute you to sponsored sites, and the site owners could make profit from traffic and advertisements. Do take into account that you could be rerouted to contaminated web pages, which could result in a malicious program. The malware infection isn’t something you want to deal with as it could have serious consequences. You may find the redirect virus’s supplied features useful but you should know that you can find legitimate extensions with the same features, which don’t put your PC in danger. You won’t necessarily be aware this but hijackers are tracking your browsing and collecting data so that more personalized sponsored content may be made. In addition, unrelated third-parties could be given access to that data. And the quicker you delete pro-web.net, the better.
How does pro-web.net act
Freeware packages is the likely way your operating system got contaminated. It’s dubious that users would install them willingly, so free program bundles is the most feasible method. If users started paying closer attention to how they install software, this method wouldn’t be so effective. Pay attention to the process since offers tend to hide, and by not noticing them, you’re allowing them to install. By choosing to use Default mode, you might be allowing permitting the installation of all types of unwanted software, so it would be best if you did not use them. Instead, choose Advanced or Custom settings since they will not only allow you to see what has been added but also provide an opportunity to uncheck everything. Make sure you deselect all the offers. All you have to do is uncheck the items, and you can then continue free application installation. Having to deal with these infections could be very irritating so you would do yourself a great favor by initially stopping them. Furthermore, be more careful about where you get your software from as questionable sources could bring a lot of trouble.
When a redirect virus is installed, you will know right away. It’ll change browser’s settings without your consent so you’ll have a new homepage/new tabs, and your search engine could also be different. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will be among the browsers altered. The web page will load every time you launch your browser, and this will continue until you terminate pro-web.net from your PC. And even if you try to change the settings back, the browser hijacker will just change them again. If when you search for something results are generated by a weird search engine, the redirect virus probably altered it. Relying on those results isn’t encouraged as you’ll end up on sponsored pages. These types of infections have an intention of boosting traffic for certain sites so that owners can make money from advertisements. After all, more traffic means who are prone to clicking on adverts, meaning more money. If you press on those websites, you’ll quickly notice that they have nothing to do with what you were looking for. In some cases, they could seem legitimate, so for example if you were to search ‘computer’, results redirecting to questionable sites could come up but you would not notice initially. Be cautious because some of those web pages could even be malicious. It is probable the redirect virus will follow you around as you browse, collecting various information about your browsing activity. Reroute viruses also share the data with third-parties, and it’s used to create more user relevant ads. The info may also be used by the redirect virus for the purposes of customizing sponsored results to make it more personalized for you. We suggest you to erase pro-web.net as it quite worthless to you. Since the browser hijacker will no longer be there to stop you, after you complete the process, ensure you change your browser’s settings.
While the infection won’t bring about as severe consequences as some others would, we still encourage that you delete pro-web.net as quickly as possible. Depending on on your computer experience, you can pick from manual and automatic methods to clean the hijacker from your PC. By hand entails you finding the redirect virus’s location yourself. If you’re unsure of how to proceed, scroll down to the instructions. If you follow them properly, you should have no issues. For those who have little experience with computers, this might not be the best option. You may obtain spyware removal software and have do everything for you. If it pinpoints the infection, authorize it to terminate it. Try to alter your browser’s settings, if you are successful, the infection should no longer be present. But, if your homepage went back to showing the redirect virus’s website, the hijacker is still operating. Now that you’ve experienced the annoyance that is a browser hijacker, you should try to block them. In order to have a clean device, at least decent habits are a must.
Download Removal Toolto scan for pro-web.netUse our recommended removal tool to scan for pro-web.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like pro-web.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall pro-web.net and related programs.
Remove pro-web.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall pro-web.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete pro-web.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove pro-web.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for pro-web.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete pro-web.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase pro-web.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove pro-web.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall pro-web.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable pro-web.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.