What is Search.so-v.com
Search.so-v.com falls into the categorization of a browser hijacker, because it hijacks browsers and performs alterations to them. The infection sets the site it’s promoting as your homepage and new tabs, changes your search engine, and then tries to redirect you to sponsored pages. We should say that the so as to make the modifications, the hijacker doesn’t need explicit permission, which is why users are generally bewildered when they notice it. The unnecessary modifications and the strange redirects are why hijackers are such aggravating infections. On the bright side, the hijackers are so evident because of the changes and the redirects. Users not seeing anything amiss when they are redirected is doubtful. However, not all users will understand they are dealing with a hijacker and overlook the behaviour, if they are not familiar with them.
You are led to sponsored web pages so hijackers could make traffic and revenue. Bear in mind that you will not always be redirected to safe sites by the hijacker, so we recommend being wary. You could encounter scams or severe malicious software.
The hijacker is sly and it won’t require your explicit permission to install. They use a method called software bundling to install, and infections such as hijackers can install without users knowing. Software bundling is essentially attaching hijackers, adware, etc, to freeware as extra items. Software bundling is so suspicious because the items are authorized to install alongside automatically, unless users are able to stop them from doing so manually. Often, offers remain undeselected by users because they are not aware of them. Ways to stop these unwanted installations will be explained in the proceeding section.
Search.so-v.com distribution methods
Browser hijackers aren’t categorized as malware so they need user consent for installation. For them to install, users have to permit it, and they generally do it unintentionally. Hijackers install alongside freeware because they come added as an additional item. Unless free software is installed via specific settings, the offers will not be obvious. Every single program available on those free download sites will probably have something added to it. Thus if you download freeware from those web pages, learn how to stop the unwanted offers in the future.
It is essential that you opt for Advanced (Custom) settings when installing freeware. Advanced settings will display all extra offers, and you will have the choice of unchecking them. While the program setup will claim that the “recommended” options are Default, they’ll actually hide all offers. If there’s anything attached, all you need to do is unmark the offer’s box.
This is applicable for all applications you’re installing. You should also check download sources and avoid downloading from ones that are notorious for hosting dubious content. Your computer will fill up with rubbish in no time if you don’t pay attention. And compared to having to uninstall rubbish programs, it is much easier to just prevent them from installing.
Is Search.so-v.com damaging
Hijackers are very obvious infections, even if you do not see its installation. Mainly since it performs unwanted modifications to Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox settings. Your homepage and new tabs will be set to the hijacker’s promoted page, so the web page will load whenever you open your browser. We doubt you would not see such a big change. You’ll also have a different search engine. Changed search results will be displayed to you if you perform a search via the browser address bar. It ought to also be mentioned that hijackers don’t have your authorisation to do the modifications.
Be cautious about which web pages you enter because they’ll possibly include sponsored pages. For profit purposes, hijackers inject those sponsored websites and redirect users. The pages you end up on may be concealing malware or advertising some sort of scam. Fortunately, those results are commonly rather obvious because they will be not related to your searches.
You have to remove the hijacker at once because of the unnecessary changes and redirects. Many users do not bother rushing to uninstall them because they don’t look all that harmful. There are also users who don’t remove them at all. That’s not advised since hijackers could expose you to threats that are much more severe and you will not necessarily know.
The hijacker will also snoop on you, gathering data about your internet activities. Your IP address, information on what you search for and visited pages, etc, will be collected. Unknown third-parties may get access to this information as well.
We strongly recommend you use spyware removal software for Search.so-v.com deletion. Hijackers are quite relentless, and they might recover if uninstalled incorrectly. The anti-spyware software would remove the hijacker as well as any leftover files.
As soon as the hijacker has been deleted, changing your browser’s settings won’t cause problems. To avoid this annoyance in the future, pay attention to how you install software and what sites you download them from.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Search.so-v.comUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Search.so-v.com. Trial version of provides detection of computer threats like Search.so-v.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.so-v.com and related programs.
Remove Search.so-v.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.so-v.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.so-v.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.so-v.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.so-v.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.so-v.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.so-v.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.so-v.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.so-v.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.so-v.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.