What is Search.useaget.com?
Search.useaget.com is a browser hijacker that spreads via software bundles. You might allow it to enter your computer when you install freeware and not pay attention to the installation process. A browser hijacker is not a malicious computer virus and should not harm your computer directly. Browser hijackers exist to generate traffic for certain websites and in order to do that, it will redirect you to those websites. The problem with that is that those websites are not always safe. You could be led to a dangerous domain and accidentally download a malicious virus into your computer. Which is why we do not recommend you keep it on your device any longer. Remove Search.useaget.com to ensure your computer’s security.
Why should you delete Search.useaget.com
Browser hijackers are bundled together with freeware you download from the Internet. This means that hijackers are optional items that users do not need to install if they do not want to. However, if you choose Default settings during freeware installation, they will install automatically. That is why you need to choose Advanced or Custom settings. They allow you to see a clear list of added items and if you do not want them, you can deselect them and they will not install. If you installed this hijacker, we suggest you uninstall Search.useaget.com as soon as possible.
When Search.useaget.com installs onto your computer, it will alter certain browser’s settings and set its domain as your homepage and new tabs. These changes are made without your knowledge and you might be prevented from restoring the settings unless you remove Search.useaget.com first. Search.useaget.com might be able to attach itself to all of the leading browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari. So no matter which browser you use, you will be redirected to Search.useaget.com. As mentioned before, browser hijackers redirect users to sponsored websites to generate traffic. They usually use the search engine to do that as they can freely insert sponsored content into the results and lead users to those websites. Search.useaget.com generates results from Yahoo so it cannot insert sponsored websites into the results. However, that does mean that it can’t redirect you. It could show you various ads and pop-ups and use that to lead you to questionable websites. Search.useaget.com is not responsible for the third-party content you might be exposed to, so if you end up on a dangerous domain and infect your computer with malware, Search.useaget.com will not be responsible. We suggest you delete Search.useaget.com as soon as possible.
There are two ways in which you can uninstall Search.useaget.com, manually and automatically. If you do it by hand, you will need to find and erase Search.useaget.com related programs yourself. If you opt for automatic Search.useaget.com removal, anti-malware software will eliminate Search.useaget.com for you.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Search.useaget.comUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Search.useaget.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.useaget.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.useaget.com and related programs.
Remove Search.useaget.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.useaget.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.useaget.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.useaget.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.useaget.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.useaget.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.useaget.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.useaget.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.useaget.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.useaget.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.