What is search4tops.com/start.html?
search4tops.com/start.html is classified as a browser hijacker and it is aimed at French-speaking users. Of course, that does not mean that if you do not speak the language, you are safe from the unwanted app. The main symptom of the hijacker is that it changes your browser settings without your permission. This is done in order to achieve the goal of exposing you to as much advertising data as possible. The hijacker employs the pay-per-click system, so its developers make profit every time you click on the ads. If you want to get rid of them, you will have to terminate search4tops.com.
How does search4tops.com work?
Browser hijackers spread online using the bundling method, which means that they attach themselves to freeware and shareware. When you install the software, you have to pay attention to every step of the wizard, because if you do not, you agree to add potentially unwanted programs without even realizing it. Make sure that does not happen again as there is nothing useful about these programs. To avoid them in the future, you should always choose the Advanced installation mode and deselect all unnecessary components offered to you.
Once inside, the hijacker alters your browser settings including your home page and default search engine. Every time you open your browsers, you see search4tops.com. The site does not differ much from other search portals: it presents you with a search box and several quick access links. What you should know, however, is that if you make use of the search box, you will get results with sponsored links. In fact, you will be presented with advertisements no matter what you do online. They will appear on all of your visited sites and some of them may be fake. If you do not wish to fall for a virtual scam, you should avoid all ads until you delete search4tops.com from your browsers.
How to remove search4tops.com?
Two options for you to choose from when it comes to search4tops.com removal are manual and automatic. If you choose to erase search4tops.com manually, you will need to uninstall its related app and fix your browser settings. Both of these tasks are described in more detail below the article. The alternative solution is to eliminate search4tops.com automatically. You can do that with the help of the utility promoted on our site. It will perform a full system scan and detect all unreliable components. The anti-malware will then delete search4tops.com and other threats. Moreover, it will provide your PC with real-time protection, so that you can surf the Internet without any worries from now on.
Download Removal Toolto scan for search4tops.comUse our recommended removal tool to scan for search4tops.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like search4tops.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall search4tops.com and related programs.
Remove search4tops.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall search4tops.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete search4tops.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove search4tops.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for search4tops.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete search4tops.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase search4tops.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove search4tops.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall search4tops.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable search4tops.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.