Tgmgo.com is a browser hijacker, also known as a redirect virus. It will enter your computer without you noticing and will make unwanted changes to your browser. It exists to redirect users to sponsored websites so that it can earn money for the website owners. Even though it’s known as a redirect virus, it’s not actually a malicious computer virus. It will not harm your computer directly, however, it might be able to expose you to unsafe content. You could be led to a website where you could accidentally download malware onto your computer. It could also generate annoying ads that would seriously disrupt your browsing sessions. A browser hijacker does not provide any useful features so we suggest you remove Tgmgo.com.
Why is it important to uninstall Tgmgo.com?
First of all, you’re probably wondering how Tgmgo.com managed to enter your computer without you noticing. It’s actually quite simple. It’s attached to freeware in a way that allows it to install automatically if you use Default settings. Which is why you should not use those settings at all. If anything is added to the software you are installing, those settings will not show it. If you use Advanced or Custom settings, you will have the option of deselecting all added items without trouble. You can never know what is attached to software, so you are advised to always use Advanced settings.
Tgmgo.com browser hijacker will hijack your browser (bet it Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Safari) and alter certain settings. When you open your browser, you will notice that Tgmgo.com has set its domain as your homepage and new tabs. Usually, you cannot change the settings back until you delete Tgmgo.com from your computer. Tgmgo.com provides a search engine that generates results via Google, so there’s really no use in using Tgmgo.com. Usually browser hijackers insert sponsored content into search results but because Tgmgo.com uses Google, it cannot do that. That does not mean it cannot redirect you to sponsored websites. It could generate ads to do the same thing. Those redirects are annoying and you can never know where you will be led to. A browser hijacker just wants to generate traffic so it really does not care where you end up. You could even be routed to a dangerous website. If you were to enter an infected domain, you could accidentally download malware. Malware is a much more serious issue compared to a typical browser hijacker. We strongly suggest you uninstall Tgmgo.com.
To delete Tgmgo.com, you can use anti-malware software. It will locate and remove Tgmgo.com without trouble. However, if you do not have such a program on your computer, you can erase Tgmgo.com manually. To fully eliminate Tgmgo.com, follow the provided guide below this article.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Tgmgo.comUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Tgmgo.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Tgmgo.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Tgmgo.com and related programs.
Remove Tgmgo.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Tgmgo.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Tgmgo.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Tgmgo.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Tgmgo.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Tgmgo.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Tgmgo.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Tgmgo.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Tgmgo.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Tgmgo.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.