What is Under-Cover.info?
Under-Cover.info is a useless search engine and a browser hijacker. If this is your first time encountering a browser hijacker, then you must not know how they spread. Developers use the bundling method to distribute browser hijackers. What that means is that they are attached to freeware as additional items and unless you pay close attention to the installation process, you will install them. Under-Cover.info will alter certain browser settings and try to redirect you to sponsored websites. That’s the main reason Under-Cover.info exists, to generate traffic. It’s not going to make your browsing experience better, it will only hinder it. It can even expose you to unsafe websites and you could accidentally download malware onto your computer. Which is why we strongly recommend you delete Under-Cover.info.
How does Under-Cover.info spread?
As mentioned before, Under-Cover.info uses the bundling method to spread itself. It’s attached to certain freeware as an optional item, that you install anyway if you’re not careful. By not being careful we mean using Default settings. Those settings will not show you any added items and they will install automatically. What you need to do is pick Advanced or Custom settings. They will allow you to see and deselect all added items. It will save you a lot of trouble because you will not have to uninstall Under-Cover.info or other unwanted items.
Why should I delete Under-Cover.info?
Under-Cover.info can hijack all major browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. It will alter certain browser’s settings so that your homepage, new tabs and search engine will be set to Under-Cover.info. When you notice this change, you will probably try to change the settings back, but Under-Cover.info might prevent you. If that were to happen, you would need to first remove Under-Cover.info and only then change the settings. Immediately, you will notice that the search engine is quite useless. Whatever you search for, your search results will be filled with sponsored content and useless websites. So as a search engine, it’s pretty much useless to you. Unless you’re looking for malware. Because you could easily be redirected to a dangerous website and end up downloading malware. That not something you want to happen because malware can be a nightmare. You might also get random pop-ups, which we suggest you close as soon as possible. You should uninstall Under-Cover.info as soon as possible and you can return to normal browsing.
In order to remove Under-Cover.info from your computer, we suggest you use anti-malware software. If you do not have it, you will need to erase Under-Cover.info manually. You will need to locate and eliminate Under-Cover.info yourself. For your convenience, we have created a guide to help you terminate Under-Cover.info.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Under-Cover.infoUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Under-Cover.info. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Under-Cover.info and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Under-Cover.info and related programs.
Remove Under-Cover.info from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Under-Cover.info from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Under-Cover.info from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Under-Cover.info from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Under-Cover.info or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Under-Cover.info from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Under-Cover.info from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Under-Cover.info from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Under-Cover.info from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Under-Cover.info and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.