What is Search.smokycap.com?
Search.smokycap.com is dubious search engine and a browser hijacker targeting Mac users. It can infect your computer if you do not pay attention to what you are downloading and you might not even notice its entrance. It will hijack your browser and make unwanted changes without your knowledge. In that way, it’s completely identical to other hijackers, such as Search.useaget.com or Search.swissfist.com. We must note, however, that it is not a malicious computer virus and will not directly harm your computer. It will redirect you to sponsored webpages to generate income for those websites. That is the reason browser hijackers exist. Its behavior will get on your nerves pretty quickly so we suggest you delete Search.smokycap.com.
Why should you remove Search.smokycap.com?
When you download free software from Internet, you should be aware of the fact that some of it could have additional items that come with it. Such as the Search.smokycap.com browser hijacker. When you download freeware, always make sure that it does not have added items and if it does, do not allow them access to your computer. While those added items are not malicious, they can still be very annoying.
If you grant Search.smokycap.com access to your computer, it will hijack your browser and alter its settings. You will notice that your browser is behaving weirdly and opening Search.smokycap.com every time you run your browser. This is happening because Search.smokycap.com has set itself as your homepage and new tabs. You might not be able to manually change the settings back unless you first delete Search.smokycap.com from your computer. Search.smokycap.com has a search engine and you will be pressured to use. We suggest you don’t. It could insert sponsored websites into the search results and you could end up on unrelated websites. You should also be aware that there are various kinds of malware on certain websites and you could accidentally end up downloading it if you were led to such a website. Do not trust such questionable search engines, especially if it hijacks your browser in such a way. Uninstall Search.smokycap.com as soon as possible and you can return to normal browsing.
Search.smokycap.com removal should not be difficult if you follow the instruction we will provide below this article. Bear in mind that you will need to find and remove Search.smokycap.com related applications, including the freeware that came with it. After you uninstall Search.smokycap.com, you will have to manually change the browser’s settings, for which we will also provide guidance.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Search.smokycap.comUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Search.smokycap.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.smokycap.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.smokycap.com and related programs.
Remove Search.smokycap.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.smokycap.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.smokycap.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.smokycap.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.smokycap.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.smokycap.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.smokycap.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.smokycap.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.smokycap.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.smokycap.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.