What is Searchbent.com?
Searchbent.com is a fake search engine and a browser hijacker. You yourself allow it to enter your computer when you carelessly install freeware. Browser hijackers exists for the purpose of redirecting users to sponsored websites and generating traffic. In order to do that, they need to infiltrate your computer and alter certain browser’s settings. Once it’s on your computer and has attached itself to your browser, it can redirect you. The search engines are the main tools used to redirect you, it can easily insert a sponsored website into the search results and you might not even notice. Searchbent.com is a bit lacking in this area, as the the search engine is completely useless. It provides zero results. It’s completely useless to you and you should remove Searchbent.com from your computer.
Why should I uninstall Searchbent.com?
Searchbent.com browser hijacker can infect your computer when you carelessly install free software you download from the Internet. A lot of users do no pay attention to the installation processes and miss certain items installing along with said freeware. A browser hijacker, for example. A lot of freeware has things attached to it and if you use Default settings, you automatically give them permission to install. That is why you need to use Advanced or Custom settings. By clicking on those settings, you will be able to see and deselect all added items, preventing them from installing.
First off all, it should be noted that Searchbent.com is not a malicious virus. Browser hijackers do not directly harm your computer and are usually not considered to be a big threat. That does not mean, however, that it should remain on your computer. Once it installs, it will alter your browser’s settings and set its domain as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. Every time you open your browser, be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari, you’ll be redirected to Searchbent.com. As mentioned before, the search engine is useless, whatever you search for, it will give you zero results. The worrying thing about Searchbent.com is that it can track your browsing sessions and collect certain information about your habits. Your IP addresses, search queries and websites visited, all the things will be visible to Searchbent.com. Even though it’s not sensitive information, you still do not want it to fall into the wrong hands. Therefore, we recommend you delete Searchbent.com from your computer.
In order to delete Searchbent.com, you can employ anti-malware software. It should be able to detect and remove Searchbent.com easily. If you do not want to use it, you can try manual Searchbent.com removal. We should warn you that some users struggle with finding what exactly they need to get rid of. You will need to locate and uninstall Searchbent.com related programs, including the freeware that brought Searchbent.com into your computer in the first place.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Searchbent.comUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Searchbent.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Searchbent.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Searchbent.com and related programs.
Remove Searchbent.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searchbent.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searchbent.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searchbent.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searchbent.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searchbent.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searchbent.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searchbent.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searchbent.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searchbent.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.