Searchguru.online is a browser hijacker that makes unwanted changes to your browser. When it installs onto your computer it will hijack your browser and start redirecting you to weird websites. It can enter your device via software bundles and even though it uses such a sneaky way to infect computers, it’s not a malicious virus. It will not harm your computer directly but it will be very annoying. Some browser hijackers can redirect users to dangerous websites and then getting infected with malware would not be unusual. Searchguru.online could do the same so you should not trust it. If you value your computer’s safety, delete Searchguru.online.
How does Searchguru.online spread?
Browser hijackers, adware and other potentially unwanted programs are distributed via free software. They are attached as optional items but users install them anyway because they use Default settings. By choosing those settings, you give added items the permission to install and you will not even know it. If you opt for Advanced or Custom settings, however, you will be able to view and deselect all added items. It takes seconds to do this and will actually save you time because you will not have to remove Searchguru.online or other unwanted applications.
Why should I delete Searchguru.online?
If it has already hijacked your browser, you must have noticed that Searchguru.online has set its domain as your homepage and new tabs. And it did not ask for permission to do that. It does that so that it can redirect users to sponsored websites easier. Browser hijackers exist to redirect users so that they can generate traffic and earn money. Searchguru.online can hijack all major browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari. And once it has hijacked your browser, you will not be able to change your homepage, unless you first remove Searchguru.online from your computer. The search engine provides results via Google so there is no use in using Searchguru.online at all. While it cannot modify search results, it can insert ads and pop-ups into your browser. It will use that to redirect you. Redirects are not only annoying but they can also be dangerous. You could be led to a website and be fooled into downloading malware. And that means serious trouble. If it installed onto your computer, we strongly suggest you uninstall Searchguru.online.
A browser hijacker does not belong on your computer. It will cause unwanted redirects and possibly expose you to danger. Which is why you should uninstall Searchguru.online from your computer. There are two ways to do that. You can erase Searchguru.online automatically, by using ants-malware software or you can eliminate Searchguru.online by hand. Be aware that manual Searchguru.online removal means that you will have to do everything yourself.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Searchguru.onlineUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Searchguru.online. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Searchguru.online and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Searchguru.online and related programs.
Remove Searchguru.online from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searchguru.online from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searchguru.online from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searchguru.online from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searchguru.online or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searchguru.online from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searchguru.online from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searchguru.online from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searchguru.online from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searchguru.online and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.