Searchudak.com is a browser hijacker that can alter your browser’s settings. It can enter your computer if you download and carelessly instill free software. It’s called the bundling method and usually, users are not aware of Searchudak.com entering their computer. Even though it uses such a sneaky, although quite common, way to get into your computer, it’s not a computer virus. It’s not malicious and will not harm your computer. However, it will interrupt your browsing by redirecting you to weird websites, and those redirects can sometimes lead you to dangerous domains. You could end up with malware on your computer and not notice until it’s too late. Which is why we strongly recommend you delete Searchudak.com as soon as possible.
Why should I uninstall Searchudak.com?
If you’re not aware of how browser hijackers enter computers, it’s quite simple. They are attached to free software as optional items. That means you don’t have to install them if you do not want to. But first, you need to know that they are there. If you use Default settings during freeware installation, you won’t know because attached items will not be visible. So you’ll end up unknowingly installing Searchudak.com. If you use Advanced (Custom) settings, however, you will see all added items and can deselect them, preventing them from installing.
Searchudak.com exists to redirect users to sponsored websites in order to generate pay-per-click revenue. To redirect you, Searchudak.com needs to alter your browser’s settings. It can hijack all of the most popular browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari. Whenever you open your browser, you will see Searchudak.com because it will set itself as your homepage and new tabs. You might be prevented from changing the settings back, unless you first remove Searchudak.com from your computer. The search engine generates results via Google, so there’s really no use in using Searchudak.com as it provides nothing useful. If you use the search engine, you might get random pop-ups. Those pop-ups will appear because of Searchudak.com. Close them as soon as they appear and do not click on suspicious looking ads. With those pop-ups and ads Searchudak.com could lead you to unsafe domains and you could end up downloading malicious computer viruses. So, while Searchudak.com does not put your computer in direct danger, it can still expose you to unsafe content. Uninstall Searchudak.com and you can return to normal browsing.
You have two ways to remove Searchudak.com. One of them requires you to have/obtain anti-malware software. It will locate and delete Searchudak.com without issues. If you do not have it, then you will need to uninstall Searchudak.com by hand. Instructions to help you erase Searchudak.com will be provided below.
Download Removal Toolto scan for SearchudakUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Searchudak. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Searchudak and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Searchudak and related programs.
Remove Searchudak from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searchudak from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searchudak from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searchudak from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searchudak or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searchudak from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searchudak from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searchudak from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searchudak from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searchudak and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.